Peter

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm happy to report I didnt drag a single stick. :001_smile:

Wheeled a few logs out on the sack barrow. It was quite tight to get that around the corner, let alone anything else. It would be a squeeze for a wheelie bin, for some reason they dont have them out here in the fens.

you wouldnt even have needed to lower it if you had stevies machine, you could have just hoisted the chipper into the tree and chipped in situ:001_tt2:

I like that idea. It was that windy, the chip would have just blown straight back to the yard!

I like to get some weight off the rigging point, not generally too bothered about anything else. That tree had stood in that exposed windy spot for at least 50 years, so I reckon it was probably used to it!

I'm kind of the oppostie, although it all depends on the situation as such i've not done to much big rigging, I like to leave some top on my rigging point for the dampening effect.

By weight out of the top i mean more sail area/weight, once all the sides are done the last bit on the top in the wind is what i hate, so i like to get rid of a little first, plus it stops me getting pulled about when i lanyard into laterals had some fun on big crack willows recently getting near pulled in half, would of been much worse if i hadn't thinned out the tops first!

When its not so windy i'm not to bothered, for me its probably more of a confidence thing, i know it won't break out but to have a little weight and sail of my anchor helps me to focus more on other things. We all have our own stratergies.

I did one of simular size and drag... and yes It was blowing a gale too.

Although a large section silpped the rigging missed the shed by inches and buried itself in the lawn, lifted the shed and couple of inches too....

The rest of the job was incident free...

I thought a pair of Y-Fronts or a thong caved into the crouch would have been a nicer touch...

I managed to flatten a section of the low fence with a big lump of stem, second to last piece. One big section I rigged back into the garden from right out over the field missed the shed by millimetres too, groundie got a bit excited and let it go a bit too far!

Other than that it was fairly incident free.