Best sub-£650 mower for light-commercial

SDDavid

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently looked at the Toro range. They appear to be up to it and within budget.

Worth considering maybe??

Maybe I've got 2 Toro mowers but both are the huge ride on cylinder mowers 6 and 7 foot cuts. Both excellent but both big money.

There is only so much that £600 will buy you.

Try and get something with a Japanese engine on it.

TBH, the £650 budget will probably only pick up a Jap engine in the form of a Honda GCV, which is quite honestly no better than any Briggs and Stratton. Most of us in the trade will rate the Briggs engines above the Honda GCV.

Honda GX and Kawasaki engine are however pretty good, but so are the bigger Briggs.

TBH, the £650 budget will probably only pick up a Jap engine in the form of a Honda GCV, which is quite honestly no better than any Briggs and Stratton. Most of us in the trade will rate the Briggs engines above the Honda GCV.

Honda GX and Kawasaki engine are however pretty good, but so are the bigger Briggs.

Which is why I'd get the smallest push Honda izy for about£375

And throw it away when it's knackered at his proposed use it should last 5 or more years

The OP might just find a 16" mower bit slow on 1.2acres:001_smile:

Oops did not read that bit very well!!

I would not want to walk that anymore but I'm lucky to have the big machines!

I did not think they went that small!! I got a push 18 inch for about £375 earlier this year.

Hrg466 £325 now on mowwithus

I got mine from local Honda place which is why mine was more I guess! Don't mind though as they would help me if it or other stuff did break not tell me 3 weeks or more!! Well worth the extra

Edited by Richard 1234

The Honda HRH 536 hydrostatic four wheel mowers have become my main mowers, I've got a 7 series Viking, but not the newer hydrostatic one it's better at collection on a dewy morning, but the Hondas I use most of the time, because they do the job without needing repairs.

Anything hydrostatic is good I reckon, the HRH536 aren't cheap at £1400, but £600 would buy a secondhand one