Ms 460 troubles

grantdude

My ms 460 has started acting up. It's ticking over nicely but hit the throttle and it dies. I've had the carb off and cleaned it along with checking file filter and fuel pipe . Any body had the same problem?

What were the symptoms of the "playing up" that got you to this point? Will it start ok ? Bogs and conks out or just stalls instantly?

What were the symptoms of the "playing up" that got you to this point? Will it start ok ? Bogs and conks out or just stalls instantly?

It's been running fine . The pull cord snapped and after repairing that it fired up once hit maximum revs then stalled. It's hard to get it started but when its running , it ticks over if you gently add throttle it starts to dip then stalls. It's a shame really I've had it 6 years from new and had no problems up until now

Second on the blocked gauze filter. I have had a few in and it is either this or fine chip sitting under the diaphragm cover. The symptoms would point toward the internal gauze strainer!

It has to be lack of fuel. The saw is getting enough for idle but not enough for high speed running.

Other thing to check is the fuel line holed/split but that would be less common.

Sometimes the impulse line can split but would expect the idle to be higher than normal with this and would chenge if the engine is flexed on the AV mounts to the rear handle/

It's been running fine . The pull cord snapped and after repairing that it fired up once hit maximum revs then stalled. It's hard to get it started but when its running , it ticks over if you gently add throttle it starts to dip then stalls. It's a shame really I've had it 6 years from new and had no problems up until now

Only thing I would add to what has been said is …Just go over the process you did when you took the saw apart to put a cord in. Worth checking nothing is /has become out of place. You said that you had been in the carb..did that include a taking any jet needles out ? It seems like fuel as Spud says and the cord snapping incident may just have coincided. I retrace my steps sometimes as a double check. Sorry if that seems obvious , but hey !:001_smile: