Husqvarna oil?

Gerbutt

Dont suppose you could recollect how Spud reasoned the more oil in fuel = pos leaner running ?

Sounds counter intuitive ,but I'm sure there is a reason.

Very interested to hear more.

For a given volume ( ie your fuel tank ) The higher percentage on oil against petrol the less petrol there is in the mix . there for when it passes through the carb the percentage of air will be greater against the percentage of petrol ( coz more of the volume s taken up by the oil ) so it is a leaner mix .

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run mine in whatever the local garage has when I need some!!

I run mine on 35:1 though not 50:1

Hedge cutter getting aspen from now on though

The extra oil probably makes a big difference.

Not long ago had a 560xp in that the lads used asda oil in for about an hour, seized solid(they were flush cutting stumps at the time)

I would be interested to hear from those using stihl red and other cheap brands as to what saws they are using it in.

The jump to hp super or husky hp(better than the stihl HP) or low smoke isnt much more of a cost but is a big jump in using a superior product.

The extra oil probably makes a big difference.

Not long ago had a 560xp in that the lads used asda oil in for about an hour, seized solid(they were flush cutting stumps at the time)

I would be interested to hear from those using stihl red and other cheap brands as to what saws they are using it in.

The jump to hp super or husky hp(better than the stihl HP) or low smoke isnt much more of a cost but is a big jump in using a superior product.

Hi Mark,

I used Stihl HP red in my MS250 for a while no probs, before deciding to change to Aspen, although it was probbaly mixed 45:1 as I used to mix 2 stroke a bit generous.

N

• 2 weeks later...

I got the xp oil in the end, it's nice knowing it's good! One thing though, it seems awkward pouring the measured oil out of it's side without adding to it from the other side! Never found it a problem with the stihl containers? Am I being stupid or have others found the same?

I got the xp oil in the end, it's nice knowing it's good! One thing though, it seems awkward pouring the measured oil out of it's side without adding to it from the other side! Never found it a problem with the stihl containers? Am I being stupid or have others found the same?

Take the caps off and squeeze ............:001_smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

I have a Husky 440e , and cut my own wood for winter. I have used synt oils since it was born in 2009 ( the saw , not me).

I am now on Belray H1-R , as I could not stand the smell of other brands of synt oil.

Does anyone else hate some smells that oils make ? or is it just me ?