Boots

BobbyDee

Just noticed my current boots have worn to the point where replacements are needed. They are the high lace-up steel toecap variety and to be honest they have been fine except that they take so long to put on and worse, as I'm usually fair knackered, to take off at the end of the day. Yukon II have caught my eye as they seem well-priced in comparison to the more 'normal' type of superdooper chainsaw boot and look as though they can be put on and taken off quicker. Can anyone advise me as to whether this type of boot, which looks more like a reinforced wellington, is worthy of consideration? Are there any negatives? Is there any ankle support?

Do you really not have time to do up and then undo boot laces😬

Firstly, thanks to those who have responded positively to what I consider to be a fair and straightforward inquiry.

To you Richard, in answer to your stupid and argumentative question, I had a fall from a tree 6 years ago when I was at the age of 58. I fractured both L3 and L4 lumbar vertebrae. Recovery was slow and prolonged and resulted in restricted mobility and weakened back muscles. I do have the time to undo laces thanks, what I don't have is the flexibility particularly when I'm at the end of the day, hence my thread.

I can and will go to my local supplier of forestry equipment but thought I'd post here and get positive input before doing so.

Firstly, thanks to those who have responded positively to what I consider to be a fair and straightforward inquiry.

To you Richard, in answer to your stupid and argumentative question, I had a fall from a tree 6 years ago when I was at the age of 58. I fractured both L3 and L4 lumbar vertebrae. Recovery was slow and prolonged and resulted in restricted mobility and weakened back muscles. I do have the time to undo laces thanks, what I don't have is the flexibility particularly when I'm at the end of the day, hence my thread.

I can and will go to my local supplier of forestry equipment but thought I'd post here and get positive input before doing so.

I did put a smile on it so should have been seen as a joke!

Only people that know you can possibly know that you fell from a tree. Which is bad news in itself.

The way your post read to me (wrongly) was that you could not be bothered to undo shoe laces.

My apologies 😀

If you don't need ankle support why not try some safety trainers not tried them but st least you won't have loads of laces to undo.

Or rigger boots as they have none😬