Village Internet Ours is 5gd and next doors 2:5gd 4g on o2 is 21gd what do you think

mendiplogs

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When we moved into our house btopenreach put new wire to the house & we got the last 'new' wire available from the box but the best we got with sky was 1.5mb so after 2 years we switched to plusnet & instantly jumped to 5.5-6mb.

We now have 7mb 99% of the time yet most of the village get less than 2.5mb. I think that proves that service provider has a lot to do with it.

Superfast northyorkshire are sorting fibre optic but as we are over the magic 1.2 kilometer from the box we need to wait for the new equipment to be installed.

We have 100mb here and soon to go up to 150 with virgin. My son is a total computer nerd and is always wanting faster. He is paying for the extra as I think 100mb is fast enough. My mate a few miles away is really chuffed that he can get 12mb with EE. Another rural mate about 20 miles away is on the equivalent of dialup still. He has to measure his download speed with a calander:lol:

We have 100mb here and soon to go up to 150 with virgin. My son is a total computer nerd and is always wanting faster. He is paying for the extra as I think 100mb is fast enough. My mate a few miles away is really chuffed that he can get 12mb with EE. Another rural mate about 20 miles away is on the equivalent of dialup still. He has to measure his download speed with a calander:lol:

Can't get virgin here but I don't see why more than 70 I get is really needed if I'm honest.

Be OK to have the 100 though😀

Hi MIKE your in that RAT RACE MATE going to give you a heart attack no good to you mate are going to give you a heart attack no good mate and that EE we get 20 here on 02 thanks Jon

Hi Jon

I dont like to think I'm in the rat race, I prefer to be on the sidelines sticking my foot out now and again, tripping people up as they run past. Its my son Josh who insists on the super fast broadband. He is a tech freak and in his 3rd year at Uni doing a degree in website coding. He is earning bloody good money doing the website for a doors and window company for 2 days a week and also working about 35 hours a week at Morrisons. OK to keep up at 20 years old but not a lifestyle I would wish to do at 52.:thumbdown:

just had a visit from bt this lunch time on the very subject, broadband slow.

bt said 0.51mb line speed, fitted a new phone socket and now so I am told 3.88mb.

things that effect speed as has been said.

ali wiring and broadband don't get on, cuts and joins in the line, anything electrical plugged in can cause a problem dvd players, phone chargers etc.... can give off interference that will kill the speed and that could come from next door as well as own house.

that's what I was told, hate electrickary at the best of times.