Ford County or Similar

Highland Forestry

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine's a couple of sizes smaller, 50 Hp and cabless. The one draw back would be lack of weight when pulling big stuff, having said that the way these things are made It is amazing what they will pull the weight over the front wheels and articulation keeps all the wheels biting. If I was skidding poles out of woodland and needed something small I'd definately consider it.

The thing that worried me a bit when I demo'd a small artic. alpine here was the long front overhang, on stumpy ditched clearfell I was constantly adjusting track. A bigger/higher machine and guarding would help. Riko are advertising a 90hp Pasquali with guarding, presumably v. similar.

That Woody looks nice, you can spec them up with loader, linkage, PTO etc. Pricey I imagine. Another, more basic skidder from the Balkans I came across :

http://hittner.hr/forest-tractors/

Edited by RichardT

The pasquali and the bcs are the same thing, just diferent colour and badge. I have a good sump guard on mine and I have definately needed it, TBH if I was ordering it again I'd have it come up the sides too as I have ripped the fuel filter off mine twice.

Riko are advertising a 90hp Pasquali with guarding, presumably v. similar.

Yep, we've still got it - it's just waiting to go into the workshop.

Pasquali, BCS and Ferrari are indeed all owned by BCS now.

It's got underbelly and engine guards and is on tall tyres - would make a lovely thinnings skidder but I'm not conviced it will do all what Matt wants - it only weighs 2 tonne and being artic, as soon as the weight comes off the front wheels (when skidding big timber) you loose all your steering. Also, trailer wise, you'd only really get away with something around 3 tonne capacity as much more and it would be loads wider than the tractor.

Brilliant on the right type of work but I'd say the self build idea of Ed's sounds a tool and a half - surely there's no reason it couldn't pull a trailer too if need be? :thumbup:

Edited by Chris Sheppard

Matt, I think this Unimog Skidder - Arbtalk Classifieds really would do your job.

I know the owner, he is a top bloke, he made a real success of his business and then sold it.

He used this machine on a FC contract and was absolute amassed by its ability.

Give him a ring, he is not a BS'er he will be honest about what it can do.

It will hold its money well.

:001_smile:

with you all the way on that one dave, i know i always go on about mogs, but if stan owned it their was a reason, i have bought 2 pieces of kit of him before and each was in great condition and did the job well..he was telling me all the stuff that little mog had and how good it was when i was looking to go back down the mog route, i would love to get into woodland extraction and milling, but that is a long way away just now..