TW 190 Anvil change

Lurcherman

Got a TW 190 with 500 hrs on it and has started to 'shred' rather than chip (especially Eucalyptus). Wondering if it may be the 'anvil' or base blade that needs turning, but is it a job for the DIY'er (got a feeling the hopper's gotta come off etc).

Anyone had experience of this or is it a job for Timberwolf tech?

Any ideas much appreciated.

the hopper has to come off (two of you should be able to lift it , then you heed to take the bottom fed roler out which is a bit more awkward mate , tell you what if you like give me a call (07790206316) and i will talk you through it . but to be honest my tw190 has done roughly 600 hrs now and the anvil still does not need to be replaced , oh and thats the other thing , the anvil can not be turned !! it has to be replaced (as far as i know)

my other thought is how warn are the blades ?? i have found that as my blades get closer to the minimum wear markers that the chip does become a littly stringy . also are you having the blades hollow ground ?? this also can afect the preformance of the chipper and the chip that if produces .

any way hope this is of help and should you need any more help just give me a call mate

a bleieve the anvil is in two parts and costs roughly £181.00 exc vat - apparently the anvil in the 190 is case hardened and there fore should not need changing for at least 800-1000 hours minimum

Thanks for all the advice. Not sure how the blades are sharpened, just give them to this little engineer fella and a week later he's got 'em so you can shave with 'em! They are getting near the wear mark though so that may be a contributing factor.

Before we attempt hopper and lower feed roller (forgot that that needed to happen as well and that is a bugger of a job!) I think I'll give the supplier in Lisbon a call and ask how long the anvil should last before turning/replacing.

I'll let you know how it goes.

hi, if youd like some advice on the phone please ring myself or john at our tockwith depot and we can help you through the scenario that you have and get you up and running again.

i would ordinarily have suggested you bring it in and we could help you as it may not necessarily be the anvil and you could go through all the effort of doing that and have to go in again for something else.

im sure that some of the guys on arbtalk would be more than happy to come over and do a job share with you in sunny algarve.

best of luck ,

Baz

+441423 359 777