The barsteward.

sean

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of our Aussie chums can probably help with the Noosa pics? Feb 2004.

Gave me a chuckle thinking of these smug people looking at the back of this sign! Did they paint an ocean view on it?

I would add that these weren't 5 year old syc/ash/crack willow suckers they had poisoned, but mature trees.

Just dont like people who think the world revolves around them....they want democracy until it goes against them. Its in my way so kill it.....it spoils my view so kill it.....you can bet ya bottom dollar that if that tree shielded an unsightly view and there were plans to fell he'd be the first to don his sandals and shout from the rooftops that trees are our friends and they have feelings and it's TPO'd.......k**b!

But you will take their money either way I suppose?

I dont really see the problem here to be honest.. you got paid to drop a tree that somebody had vandalised because they werent allowed to have it dropped..... both led to the same outcome and you got a days pay for it..

If you have that much of an objection why did you do the work?

And I was just going off to bed as well........Whatever my feelings on the subject the tree had to be felled....fact. If i ran my own company and if i end up doing so then I am in a position to make decisions based around my feelings/philosophies etc.

I work as an arborist....there are many things within the industry and in my day to day work that i do not necessarily agree with. I have a family to feed. On the whole i enjoy my work but certain aspects not as much. But i NEED my job. I refuse to fell a tree that needs felling.....there are many arborists who would walk many miles to take my job....alot of my time is working with a huge collection of ancient/veteran trees...its a good job. It pays the bills. I'm not going to lose it for felling a tree that needs felling whatever my feelings are in this particular case.

And I was just going off to bed as well........Whatever my feelings on the subject the tree had to be felled....fact. If i ran my own company and if i end up doing so then I am in a position to make decisions based around my feelings/philosophies etc.

I work as an arborist....there are many things within the industry and in my day to day work that i do not necessarily agree with. I have a family to feed. On the whole i enjoy my work but certain aspects not as much. But i NEED my job. I refuse to fell a tree that needs felling.....there are many arborists who would walk many miles to take my job....alot of my time is working with a huge collection of ancient/veteran trees...its a good job. It pays the bills. I'm not going to lose it for felling a tree that needs felling whatever my feelings are in this particular case.

REFUSING to fell i meant

Regardless of self-employment or employee, it's a job you got to do that you otherwise wouldnt have had the chance to do so that's a bonus.

I'm not having a go at you in any way at all, but I have learned in this job that sometimes you dont have the opportunity to let feeling, philosophies or morals get in the way... drop the tree, take the money/collect your pay packet. The guy who ring barked it actually did you a favour in a way (depending how you look at it)

So, all in all.. another day at the office :thumbup1:

Regardless of self-employment or employee, it's a job you got to do that you otherwise wouldnt have had the chance to do so that's a bonus.

I'm not having a go at you in any way at all, but I have learned in this job that sometimes you dont have the opportunity to let feeling, philosophies or morals get in the way... drop the tree, take the money/collect your pay packet. The guy who ring barked it actually did you a favour in a way (depending how you look at it)

So, all in all.. another day at the office :thumbup1:

Is that like saying arsonists are keeping the firemen boys in work?:blink: