smart water

treetop

SmartWater - Products

Hi Guys n Gals, Seing that Penfolds van has gone missing just reminded me of a site I checked out today. (Link above).

All you lads n lasses who need your kit to make your living should really take a look at this. could be worth the cost if you get your kit back & the theiving creeps get caught red handed.

I just noticed that my (only slightly) unusual dust caps have gone off my car wheels this morning. O.K. not the crime of the century I know, but I bought the things so they should stay where I *%$&£"^ well put them, right?

I once had a petrol mower & Stihl strimmer nicked & insurers didn't even cover the cost of even one of them..Sounds stupid, but I tore the cheque up & gave them an ear bashing......Not that it made any difference. Hope it helps anyroad up.

I think that "Smart Water" is a great idea.Perhaps if more people used it to protect their investments then all the better.

However I think that the UK Police forces apathetical attitude to catching small time Theives is also a problem.

For example a flat I shared with others in London was burgled,four days later a Police Woman turned up to take fingerprints...

Its a good idea and has been used on motorcycles and cars for ages but with small stuff like saws, strimmers etc i cant see it working as it has to be found first, our stuff is just so easy to get rid of and hide. spend the money on security to stop em getting it in the first place is best IMO.

And lets face it, the coppers aint to bothered about some guys ms200, after all its only a chainsaw!

Thanks for the replies fellas. I know what you mean about security being most important, but any edge we can get over the local scrotes is always welcome imo. I think we need to bring the stocks back into the town square. Let folks wang a few rotten tomatoes & eggs at em for a day or two.....They might think twice eh?:sneaky2:

Except the bleeding hearts brigade would bang on about the poor little mites 'Human Rights' being violated.....Yeah, right

We've got smart water on pretty much everything, quad, saws, strimmers, trailers etc. Good stuff, we got a few signs and stickers with the kit to put on the stuff warning potential thieves it's smartwater marked. I think every little detterent helps, definatley money well spent. I used to have it on my bike too, and it brought down the insurance cost, not sure if it's the same for general kit though?

not to get on a rant but at the same time my kit got nicked a company round the corner had a massive massy furgersen ( however its spelt) and a giant custom made chipper stolen. He recconed it was worth in the region of £250 k. he knew within a the hr of it being nicked, and could follow the tracks in the morning dew for quite a way. Called the police and explained that this large setup would be really hard to hide and a helicopter would find it in minutes but was told that there was nothing they could do and not to worry as he had insurance.

The chipper has a 6 mth build time on it.

lucky he got it back.

Basically as long as nobody it hurt then its not worth their time but if u went to a post office and held it up they would give u 10 yrs! go figure!