Loppers "sick of expensive rubbish"

clyde

I use wolf ones as well, the extending ones.

***POWER Cut Bypass Lopper

Big and chunky, a renault espace ran them over (when I left them in a stupid place) and it broke the very bottom of the handles (last inch or so) which doesn't have metal in it just plastic. Otherwise absolutley fine as long as you dont try to cut too big.

We use these as well if you are interested in saving 35% on rrp try here

Wolf Garden Tools: Wolf Garten Soil : Wolf Garten Multichange: Wolf Garden Lawn Mowers: World of Wolf

Regards Essexlogman

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got two pairs of florabest loppers, which I got given by a well meaning relative. I was dubious but six months on the first pair are still going. They are cheapo homeowner grade stuff but they are really good. Only thing is I can't see where to buy them I suspect a garden centre.

Florabest are from Lidl

i have also gone through several different makes from cheap to expensive, have found anvil always better than bypass. BUT, please check out Florabest extendable anvil loppers from Lidl, at £9.99 a throwaway price but surprisingly robust, (have cut up to 11/2" diam), german quality - i bought 3 of them.

i have also gone through several different makes from cheap to expensive, have found anvil always better than bypass. BUT, please check out Florabest extendable anvil loppers from Lidl, at £9.99 a throwaway price but surprisingly robust, (have cut up to 11/2" diam), german quality - i bought 3 of them.

Aldi £7 even better value!!

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1447406919.494071.jpg.2d4073f1b4ee1932a6df05756e219ce8.jpg

Used a pair of those the other day, one side extended, the other stuck fast..

fella said it'd been like a for a while...

Lesson, never buy extendable loppers... least its a lesson I learned a long time since...

havin said that, £7.00 you might as well buy half a dozen pair..

That was my thinking, got on a whim, not wonderful but well worth that money. Just gone over two rowans with them so that alone paid for them a bunch of times over! For what it's worth I like the spear and Jackson ratchet ones about £25 from Argos, they get through good sized stuff