576xp on a 28 inch bar.

TIMON

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Depends on what you're cutting I guess, poplar or the like no problems, long dead acacia......

A mixed bag really. Domestic arb. It's the biggest saw we have at the moment, it was either the 576 or a 395 I decided on the 575 as I know we will get more use out of it and we can save up for a 395 as we go. My mate has a 660 he will lend me if we're desperate.

I figured I'd get 3 different bar lengths for it. 20" 25" and 28".

Thanks

A mixed bag really. Domestic arb. It's the biggest saw we have at the moment, it was either the 576 or a 395 I decided on the 575 as I know we will get more use out of it and we can save up for a 395 as we go. My mate has a 660 he will lend me if we're desperate.

I figured I'd get 3 different bar lengths for it. 20" 25" and 28".

Thanks

Hi

AFAIK .058 skip or semi skip is not too common,

However, if you were to obtain .063 rim (and your 28" bar in .063) there seems more choice of skip/semi skip chains available in .063" gauge.

Anyone know where .058" skip or semi skip can be found?

N

Edited by NFG

U.S.A./Canada . Also .404 pitch in .050 gauge . That cuts fast :biggrin:.

Oh yes, I bet that does cut well :biggrin:. Shipping from USA bit pricey for me though, :(

Could always get a standard chain then grind every third tooth off - think thats how you do it - to make semi skip.

slight de-rail but think its relevent

N

We still here. I don't think I santa coming to me this year. The sea was rough today I dragged Mrs R in. She got out and I stayed in next thing I turned and she getting knocked around like a pin ball with the waves. I grabbed her and she ok but when she works out I shouldn't of taken her in the sea so it's my fault I can't see me getting diddly this year :D

Hi Rich,

Mrs Ti got stung by a jellyfish down there couple of years ago when it was rough. Put me off a bit so I only tend to go out in a kayak. On a lighter note and getting back to the thread.....

The Sugihara bars arrived today, ultimate bling! The 28" is a thing of real beauty. Will post a couple of pics tomorrow.

Hi Rich,

Mrs Ti got stung by a jellyfish down there couple of years ago when it was rough. Put me off a bit so I only tend to go out in a kayak. On a lighter note and getting back to the thread.....

The Sugihara bars arrived today, ultimate bling! The 28" is a thing of real beauty. Will post a couple of pics tomorrow.

Blingage again Ti I hope you look after this bar better than the last sugi bar you had :001_tt2: