Arb Business fantasy dream team

Luckyeleven

Here's a game for you, and one that the answers might provide some useful insight for those of us with limited budgets:

What tools and set up would you go for if you could only choose options from the 'budget section'?

Lets define it as this, 'In the cheapest 30% ish percent of the like for like options available'

I.e

Vehicles- Mogs and new 4x4's would be out of the question, you are looking at small vans and second hand tippers

Saws- Probably disregarding the big 2 brands

Harnesses and Climbing kit- Likely to be looking at yale and treehog products.

I realise its not as fun as playing with unlimited virtual funds but it could provide some debate as useful knowledge!

I have recently gone self employed and I'm on a budget.

I have a x reg ford ranger double cab which I have built a ply chip box on, I did want a super can for extra load space but this one came up and I got a good deal on it. Had it since June and been ok so far.

Hire a chipper when need to.

I have bought a few saws over the years so they arnt brand new but I've got a battered husky 372, bought a 200t off a mate which runs fine after some fiddling, a second hand stihl long hedge cutter this is a must have. Some light ally steps

Bought my climbing kit of my last employer when I left sequoia harness and New England rope,

Rigging rope - tuerfullberger situs 12mm £60 for 50m seemed cheep from honey brothers.

I would rather buy second hand kit than cheap new stuff

Either a little suzuki jimny/sj or berlingo van/c15 pull a small trailer.

wouldnt hesitate to buy a mcculloch chainsaw, or makita/dolmar if possible.

Ryobi kombi system

Dont climb, so nowt to worry about there.

Any brash, load on trailer, bring it back to ours and burn. Only hire chipper if needed.

Might be a lot of work, but hard work never hurt anyone and it gets you places.

I would marry a girl that had a dad who owned a garden centre who stocked fencing slabbing acer trees and anything that costs in a garden.

I would have a crap chainsaw and just fell across gardens and deal with it on the ground and replace all broken objects with over supplies from the father-in-law :001_smile:

I drive a '04 1.5 diesel Kangoo, and tow a 4x7" Paxton car trailer with mesh box. The box is pretty rigid, and with a few planks strapped on the top makes a great stable work platform.

Kangoo is nice cos you can drop the passenger seat for longer cargo space if you want.

I have the 04 1.5 diesel too! cant seem to make the seat drop though... maybe it was an extra?