Jobs available for tree climbers

tisa

Tisa, I gess English is a second langauge for you so I will try to help, Tell us that Slovinia is a cheap place to live and that accommodation and meals are inexpensive. Perhaps this job is suited to those looking for a working holiday with no expectations of bringing home savings. Tells us about the friendly people and culture.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been to Slovenia's neighbour Croatia, Dubrovnik in fact, the weather was mediterranean, it feels like your in Italy. Everyone looks really healthy, well the women do anyway. It'd probably do us flabby Brits the world of good to work in Slovenia. Just think - brown rice and veg for dinner everyday. You'd end up looking like Bruce Lee after 6 months.

With this kind of scenery I'd work for 5 euros an hour. What a stunning country. I'm just sorry I cant go.

Lake Bled in Slovenia

800px-Veldeser_See_und_Hochstuhl20071110.jpg.595338b8e29f54cdc65baf3a11b2b3b7.jpg

Yeah 5 Euros per hour net is a bit grippit, mind you I just left germnay recently and i was just getting 7.50 Euros after tax. So i only gave him 50% performance not 110%, But when i worked there self employed many moons back I was 35 DM per hour. A better wage bracket gives you more insentive.

It almost as bad as the German employers screwing the polish workers over. Then 5 Euros an hours is a lot to them.

5€ is plenty if....

The Rent is paid

The phone is free

Company wagon

Company gas

Gear allowance

Saws are new

Groundies are top

And flights there and back are paid

Get all that right Tisa and you'll have no shortage of takers.

All taxes are paid, the phone for work needs is paid, you have company truck or car with gas for company needs, saws are good, ground men are experienced (is that what you meant with groundies?), in 8 hour per day you have 30 minutes of paid break, if you will work good I can promise that I will repay one planeticket for you (but first you have to show what you can do :). and there still can be some negotiations...wellcome drink is paid... :beer:

gear allowance? what do you mean by that?

all equipment you will need (except clothes for the first month) is ours...

Slovenia is a nice country. We have Alps, sea, hilly terrain, flatland... You will work in the middle. One hour driving to sea site, one hour driving to high mountains... almost all speak english...people are friendly...beer is cheep...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenia

http://www.slovenia.info/?lng=2

All taxes are paid, the phone for work needs is paid, you have company truck or car with gas for company needs, saws are good, ground men are experienced (is that what you meant with groundies?), in 8 hour per day you have 30 minutes of paid break, if you will work good I can promise that I will repay one planeticket for you (but first you have to show what you can do :). and there still can be some negotiations...wellcome drink is paid... :beer:

gear allowance? what do you mean by that?

all equipment you will need (except clothes for the first month)

It is sounding a little better,could you be specific for anyone interested in this job....

What kind of car is supplied?

What make of saws and how old?

How many years ARBORICULTURAL experiance the ground workers have had?

What is the accomodaton like? Own flat/room at your house/caravan?

Most climbers who feel confident enough to travel to another country to work,will in my experiance prefer to bring their own climbing gear.As this gear is worn out or damaged it is normal for the employer to replace personal gear with new.Or pay an allowance to the climber for use to replace personal equipment.