Cable brace a hornbeam?

Paul Barton

I dont get it...If you cant see that Mr Tee, I gotta wonder why you got the job...or do you just want to shoot the breeze on forum space?

I d recommend removal and replace...Good stock, right tree, right place...good form. A tree with a decent SULE.

Had my say...

Yeah that's right chap - I have seriously nothing better to do than make up scenarios that I don't actually care about just to up my post count on the forum:mad1:

I would have thought that it is prefectly obvious that I could recommend a fell and replant from the outset, but I happen to think that it is a decent enough tree to be considered for retention for at least a few years while a suitable replacement tree becomes established.

I don't know what you mean by "repeated high maintenance" - I am considering installing a simple brace to reduce the probability of a major failure, that's it!

Bundle2 - in case you hadn't noticed the idea (as far as I understand it) of this forum is to be a place to swap ideas/experiences and a place where we can all learn from eachother. I resent your comment about my suitability for my current job - I may not be as clever (or arrogant) as you but I don't expect to ask for some opinions and then be informed that I can't do my job properly.

You may apologise to me in writing below...:001_smile:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its not just opinions is it though, it’s making assumptions on peoples suitability for the job that’s upsetting. Threads like these are excellent as they explore the many possible options regarding tree management. Often in circumstance such as these there is no black or white, just gray; which is possibly why MisterTee posted this thread.

To question his suitability for the job just because he’s asked for peoples opinions on this forum is unforgivable. :mad1:

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Edited by John Hancock

I dont get to make the decisions about who's employed....period.

i have though sat through numerous examples of very poor management recommendations from educated and experienced arborists.whom I would expect to make more suitable decisions....

We are not really discussing very much here....it is an extensive subject affected by many factors...It is regrettable that umbridge has been taken as it derails the thread but beyond that I start to lose patience with the endless tit for tat maybe, ifs and buts. Take responsibility for what you do and dont be surprised if others are critical of your work.

MrT will make whatever decision he thinks right...part of the learning process however is being able to accept criticism and move on.

No, its not about post count. Learn a little something about the people you are making comments towards before banging off a rant in retaliation....or picking up others battles for them sir!

Doesnt look like a very good tree to me ie with the lean, included union and the majority of the weight being the stem that has the worst lean on it, crown has a nice shape though.

I would still go for the fell and if it was my job I could probably fell,grind stump, provide and plant another tree cheaper than pruning,bracing and then the expense of monitoring etc. Well thats how I would put it to the school.

Or do what someone else suggested and rope the entire area off and put a sign up saying dont sit here:cool1:

Fair play though in looking at alternative ways to retain.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do :thumbup1:

Not so really...when you think about it, you have infact taken an appropriate and professionally informed measure to insure against an incident and so done your job....and the tree is safe when previously it wasnt.

As to the costs of reinspection and the initial installation, which I would recommend be carried out by professional and competent individuals...I can only hazard a guess as to its financial sense....:sad:

What you cannot do is walk away from the inspection knowing it may have a problem and do nothing!

edit: ftr; I would fell and replant...but would like to see some pics please!!

Professionally, I would never say a tree is safe.

See, it's easy to criticize on a online forum.

Edited by High Scale