small tracked mewp

openspaceman

I am wondering about hiring a small tracked mewp for painting the soffits and bargeboads on the house, It will probably be next year so I can do my hedges from it too.

What qualifications do the hirers ask for or is a simple familiarisation at the hirer's adequate.

In the distant past I just used to rock up with the 110 hitch up to the nifty lift at the hire place and go but have things changed? i.e. have there been changes in legislation other than H&S at work requirement for training and competency and PUWER and LOLER for maintenance?

I have full ipaf for static and mobile booms..

But last hire I had of a self drive 29m truck mount, they didn't ask to see any tickets, or in any way demonstrate the machine to the chap I had collect it for me!

They also forgot to take any deposit or full contact details!! On a 110k machine..

I have IPAF same as V6 above.

Our local hire shop do rental on a niftylift 120T with a familiarisation and handover to any non commercial user but there is a waver to sign saying you have had the talk through etc and accept the liability there onwards. However it does not cover you for commercial use so we got the IPAF certification.

Since then I have used much larger mewps including Omme tracked.

I have IPAF same as V6 above.

Our local hire shop do rental on a niftylift 120T with a familiarisation and handover to any non commercial user but there is a waver to sign saying you have had the talk through etc and accept the liability there onwards. However it does not cover you for commercial use so we got the IPAF certification.

Since then I have used much larger mewps including Omme tracked.

But why doesn't it cover for commercial use? How much for the IPAF course?

I'd advise anyone to get all the certificates they can while still young as it gets too expensive to get a return at my age, of course when I started there were no certificates to be had other than driving licence and after 20st birthday covered me for everything except track laying vehicles.

But why doesn't it cover for commercial use? How much for the IPAF course?

I'd advise anyone to get all the certificates they can while still young as it gets too expensive to get a return at my age, of course when I started there were no certificates to be had other than driving licence and after 20st birthday covered me for everything except track laying vehicles.

its more the public liability insurance small print which doesnt allow it for commercial use - i know this but do the other people who hire it - probably not!

the ipaf course was £222 when i booked mine, needs a refresher every 5 years

its more the public liability insurance small print which doesnt allow it for commercial use - i know this but do the other people who hire it - probably not!

the ipaf course was £222 when i booked mine, needs a refresher every 5 years

All the more reason to go for 47 and MEWP then? My own PI wuld cover the use of the machine at work.