Wellingtonia Dismantle Ideas

Joe Newton

Joe.....my point I was making was that don't think about making money just think about getting it shifted by someone who has all the gear :thumbup:

I know Wayne, to be honest the labour saved would cover the cost. Not looking to make money out of the timber, but if I could sell it for enough to cover the plant and haulage it would be a bonus.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it dead or alive joe?? It makes a massive difference in weight with this species... If it was alive or dying I would certainly consider the flat bed crane lorry .... Or any crane for that matter.

It's dying Matty. Still got needles on but pretty browned off by now.

If anyone has any contacts for a timber lorry with crane in the midlands I'd appreciate it!

The only big wellie ive done i did as you said rigged all the brash and timber leaving a 70ft stem which i got down in a couple of hours with a crane. The timber got picked up by peter with his hiab lorry in 2 loads i wouldnt hand ball it its heavy old stuff!! [ATTACH]189673[/ATTACH][ATTACH]189674[/ATTACH][ATTACH]189675[/ATTACH]

That sounds like what I need! I can probably rig it down to 50' but after that ideally it would be picked.

I know Wayne, to be honest the labour saved would cover the cost. Not looking to make money out of the timber, but if I could sell it for enough to cover the plant and haulage it would be a bonus.

That's what am saying Joe....ring round find the right guy who has the equipment to shift it......he pays you for the timber be it whatever he wants to give you.....you don't have the hassle of finding and paying any haulage costs. That's what I did.....perfect....are you with me :thumbup::congrats:

That sounds like what I need! I can probably rig it down to 50' but after that ideally it would be picked.

If your gunna get a crane in you might aswell leave as bigger stem as you can get away with as you will be picking off bigger sections with a crane than you would lower and bigger sections get shifted quicker with the right lorry :thumbup1:

If your gunna get a crane in you might aswell leave as bigger stem as you can get away with as you will be picking off bigger sections with a crane than you would lower and bigger sections get shifted quicker with the right lorry :thumbup1:

Good point, but if I can save getting a crane in and pick the remaining bigger bits with a timber lorry crane it might save hassle.