Pricing another Elm!

18 stoner

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok then, only really posted this for a bit of interest, just goes to show how different people view things to suit the individual set up they have.

Just to clarify, there is no vehicular access to the tree, but a crane could reach, however price for such to remove stems would counteract value of timber i suspect.

I told the customer we could remove the tree all in one day if it was ringed for firewood, and that is what the price was based upon.

However, i did explain that i could leave the stems for another day, and spend extra time planking them up, and therefore find a better use for the timber, as elm in this size is getting harder to find. They were delighted to here there could be a better use for it, and therefore my extra time milling is my decision, therefore my bonus if its good wood. Otherwise, its logs:cool1:

I was just about to give Lofty a house point for £1170, but then saw he deducted the milling:w00t:

Just out of interest, why would you do that Dean? I see you maybe wavered a little later in the thread though:001_unsure:

No I just worked out the bonus and gave a total price you would get for the job after selling the planks.

The customer is paying you to get rid of their tree, how you get the butt out is up to you whether you plank it or ring it, but they still should pay for it however it's done.

£870 is what I would charge to the customer and I would round it to £900 if I came across metal work and did a chain in :wink: