Drowned refugee children

SteveA

The thing is when you look at how refugees/migrants contribute to European society it's not very encouraging.....

The data below says that refugees have a crime rate 73% higher than native Dutch...

"According to the figures from Danmarks Statistik, crime rate among refugees and their descendants is 73% higher than for the male population average, even when taking into account their socioeconomic background. A report from Teori- og Metodecentret from 2006 found that seven out of ten young people placed on the secured youth institutions in Denmark are immigrants (with 40 percent of them being refugees).[3]"

Not sure on the veracity of the source but certainly food for thought.

DEBKAFILE: Russia gearing up to be first world power to insert ground forces into Syria | JEWSNEWS

Actually Russia has had forces in Syria for some time considering the navel port, which I believe is still under Russian control. Funny how the Russians seem to want to sell anyone weapons until same weapons are used against their supporters and own troops.

easy-lift guy

This is the exact thing I've been saying! Many on here will bitch about being heartless, but I bet they wouldn't share there home with them!!!!!!

Me and the missus share our home and life with (recovering and ex)drug addicts (of which I was one) I'm not saying this for accolades or to blow my own trumpet.

I just want to make the point that some of us do put our money/lives where our mouths are.

My mum (A Christian) works for a refugee charity and she took in a young African Muslim lady who had fled her homeland and her kids for reasons that were truly horrific (much of her suffering was at the hands of her own family) she now, after much investigation and an uphill battle has full refugee status and is going to be reunited with her kids over here. She is very hardworking and will not be a burden to the UK. (Believe me I'm no apologist for Islam and I don't think it has brought much if any good to this country ) But there are genuine cases out there and some of them are Muslims,

A lot of the addicts/alcoholics that come to our centres are foreigners that have migrated here in search of work and a better life and found that the streets of Britain aren't in fact paved with gold.

If everyone was prepared to put their prejudices to one side and do just a little bit, they might just be surprised at what could be accomplished and what they would find in people who have been written off.

I think the current situation, recognising that it is the tip of the iceberg, could lead to a seminal change in Europe.

Refugee v immigrant/migrant.

Fairly irrelevant within the circumstances currently unfolding.

Is it too much to ask that the hugely self important, expensive, so-called "experts" and policy makers of bloated bureaucracy of the UN, EU and UK government (in a sliding scale starting with the UN) get a bloody grip and earn their massive salaries & expensive lunches, offices & Manhattan apartments.

I've just had my breakfast, had a think for a minute and decided how I'd suggest it could be "fixed."

Under a UN mandate, establish safe zones within or in neighbouring countries, expeditionary infrastructure - it's all off the shelf materiel - provide all domestic, health, education facilities (comparable to that which currently exists in the troubled country.) make it secure with military assets under UN command.

Send the bill to the nation state responsible for the dislocation of people.

Dislocated people remain within the sanctuary until such time as the turmoil abates, then they return to their country of origin.

Job done!

Kevin, your plan is logical and to the point. Regrettably the UN is not. I don't believe the UN has done anything even close to your proposal since the Korean War. The UN is a money absorbing body of burocratic minions taking their orders from leaders of countries that stopped being United a long time ago.

easy-lift guy

I think the current situation, recognising that it is the tip of the iceberg, could lead to a seminal change in Europe.

Refugee v immigrant/migrant.

Fairly irrelevant within the circumstances currently unfolding.

Is it too much to ask that the hugely self important, expensive, so-called "experts" and policy makers of bloated bureaucracy of the UN, EU and UK government (in a sliding scale starting with the UN) get a bloody grip and earn their massive salaries & expensive lunches, offices & Manhattan apartments.

I've just had my breakfast, had a think for a minute and decided how I'd suggest it could be "fixed."

Under a UN mandate, establish safe zones within or in neighbouring countries, expeditionary infrastructure - it's all off the shelf materiel - provide all domestic, health, education facilities (comparable to that which currently exists in the troubled country.) make it secure with military assets under UN command.

Send the bill to the nation state responsible for the dislocation of people.

Dislocated people remain within the sanctuary until such time as the turmoil abates, then they return to their country of origin.

Job done!

All sounds good to me - unfortunately they don't seem to have much left to return to.... a five year drought has already parched a huge percentage of agricultural regions and that climate pattern is predicted to get worse, not better.

Cheers, steve

Kevin, your plan is logical and to the point. Regrettably the UN is not. I don't believe the UN has done anything even close to your proposal since the Korean War. The UN is a money absorbing body of burocratic minions taking their orders from leaders of countries that stopped being United a long time ago.

easy-lift guy

:thumbup1:

There was perhaps a glimmer of effort in the Balkans?

Me and the missus share our home and life with (recovering and ex)drug addicts (of which I was one) I'm not saying this for accolades or to blow my own trumpet.

I just want to make the point that some of us do put our money/lives where our mouths are.

My mum (A Christian) works for a refugee charity and she took in a young African Muslim lady who had fled her homeland and her kids for reasons that were truly horrific (much of her suffering was at the hands of her own family) she now, after much investigation and an uphill battle has full refugee status and is going to be reunited with her kids over here. She is very hardworking and will not be a burden to the UK. (Believe me I'm no apologist for Islam and I don't think it has brought much if any good to this country ) But there are genuine cases out there and some of them are Muslims,

A lot of the addicts/alcoholics that come to our centres are foreigners that have migrated here in search of work and a better life and found that the streets of Britain aren't in fact paved with gold.

If everyone was prepared to put their prejudices to one side and do just a little bit, they might just be surprised at what could be accomplished and what they would find in people who have been written off.

I like the sound of your trumpet. :thumbup1:

I think it might be positive to look at how WE integrate with people from other areas of the world as much as how they integrate with us.

cheers, Steve

All sounds good to me - unfortunately they don't seem to have much left to return to.... a five year drought has already parched a huge percentage of agricultural regions and that climate pattern is predicted to get worse, not better.

Cheers, steve

That is part of the 'tip of the iceberg' I referred to.... It's probably 30 years past the point where the world should have been considering the wholescale abandonment of sub saharan Africa.... It'll have to be addressed at some point in not too many more life times.