ms200t problem

riggers

ok mate many thanks I think I may have to put it in and get a doc look at it shame your not closer or would have given it down to you I don't know if its something you would do ????? my local sthil dealer are a bit pricey

If you want to post just the carb down, I can rebuild it and get it back to you but you need to be fast as I have a week off in a weeks time. The repair will only take 24hrs but if the fault is still there then it will be something else wrong with the saw - impulse line, seals, split manifold etc!

PM me if you want a cost!

hi mate sitrep with the saw I took the carb apart and inspected all the faces diaphrams and holes all looked good now I have two dogs and two ponys but while checking one of the diaphrams I noticed a hair now it could have blown off my jumper ??? any way I also inspected the small flutter valves and noticed the throttle one had a small nick in it so I gently smoothed it off with my finger nail I then put everything back together and tried to start it after a few pulls on the warm setting she burst into life and idled very fast so I adjusted the idle so as it wouldn't make the chain go around it purred along the shed floor quite the thing so I then cut some scrap wood outside the shed to get it warm switched it off and on a few times still purring I think the low speed is a bit fast but its going any advice on setting the low revs would be great hopefully that's the thing fixed failing that im going to cry lol

Typically you just set the idle so it is low enough that the chain doesn't spin, the clutch drum doesn't make a pinging noise but also the saw doesn't stall when it is moved, the brake applied or left for a while.

You may need to adjust the L screw but usually turning it in to the point the revs pick up and nearly die and undoing it around 1/4 turn sets it about right!