vermeer sc352 has anyone used 1

walkerboys

Its a not a bad machine, but It suffers from a lot of vibration issues, and resulting breakages. I believe Vermeer eventually brought out a retro kit, and maybe newer ones are better.

I also think its a bit bulky for a narrow access machine, and with only rear steer, not manouverable enough.

For a 35" wide machine, what about a predator 50?

I used to hire that machine alot and really liked it tbh. Ed is right though i wouldn't call it narrow access compliant lol. Also used the Predator from time to time and that was noticeably quicker than the Vermeer, much quicker to change the teeth on the duradisk system as well.

I used to hire that machine alot and really liked it tbh. Ed is right though i wouldn't call it narrow access compliant lol. Also used the Predator from time to time and that was noticeably quicker than the Vermeer, much quicker to change the teeth on the duradisk system as well.

We have had 2 best on the market:thumbup:

im lookin at a stump grinder for narrow acess jobs bt with sum power to get the job dun it goes down to 35inch so wil fit in most places does ny1 out ther have any experience with them or no of any problems!cheers

I owned one mate, good machine not a single problem , I hear some have had vibration problems, there is a dealer mod kit fitted costs around £500, but imo most of the probs are caused by the operator, you have two speed settings fast and slow, fast for drive speed slow for cutting, my guess is numptys are using it on high speed to cut......

I hire one with a dozer blade one of the best grinders i have used,I liked the predator but i would take that over it didnt like the tracks tearing up lawns and it felt like it was going to fall apart at any minute and often did! take off one set of wheels and it might sqeeze through but for tight access a 252 would be my choice.....not the power but you can get it pretty much any where and no stump is a real struggle if its wearing decent teeth.

thanks for al the replys!will have a look at a preditor but want to stay away from tracks realy they just make to much mess!the 252 is a gud little grinder we hire 1 of them from time to time!we also hire a carlton 7015 for bigger jobs!bt want sumthin inbetween of me own to handel most jobs!saves relying on other people

thanks for al the replys!will have a look at a preditor but want to stay away from tracks realy they just make to much mess!the 252 is a gud little grinder we hire 1 of them from time to time!we also hire a carlton 7015 for bigger jobs!bt want sumthin inbetween of me own to handel most jobs!saves relying on other people

The 252 is the best little grider ever made imo, owned one of them too, and I'd own another if I was only doing domestic work