Climber, truck and chipper

jeanesy

Day rates are for building sites where things change by the hour not domestics, but some round me still have totally knackered kit and still do day rates!

To put it into perspective guys, Atkinsons fencing (a reasonable sized business round leeds who sell,manufacturer and install) charge 550 a day for 2 men and there always busy! And that's for 2 men,a truck and some digging gear!!! This industry will never change until people price properly as a business and stick to there guns!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To put it into perspective guys, Atkinsons fencing (a reasonable sized business round leeds who sell,manufacturer and install) charge 550 a day for 2 men and there always busy! And that's for 2 men,a truck and some digging gear!!! This industry will never change until people price properly as a business and stick to there guns!

I couldn't agree more with that!!

I couldn't agree more with that!!

It depends what sort of set-up you have got!

To run a Transit it's easly covered by 45p/mile. I can't speak about a secondhand chipper, but I'll hazard a guess at £60-£80/day.????

So, let's say a subby with a Transit and a chipper is working 10 miles away from home: van/tipper costs £9/day, chipper at £70day, saws at £10/day....

Out of £250/day leaves £171/day, can't be to far out!........ Or have I missed the point again.

Buying new saws, insurance, costly break down all add up. The 45p a mile won't cover buying a new one though will it?

At that rate Eggs he's making a good wage,totally different to running a business and trying to grow.

Edited by Ian C

It depends what sort of set-up you have got!

To run a Transit it's easly covered by 45p/mile. I can't speak about a secondhand chipper, but I'll hazard a guess at £60-£80/day.????

So, let's say a subby with a Transit and a chipper is working 10 miles away from home: van/tipper costs £9/day, chipper at £70day, saws at £10/day....

Out of £250/day leaves £171/day, can't be to far out!........ Or have I missed the point again.

Bloody hell that's cheap!!!

The main point for me is that all those things listed above are really only covering their costs whereas I want them to be making money to grow the business.

Buying new saws, insurance, costly break down all add up. The 45p a mile won't cover buying a new one though will it?

At that rate Eggs he's making a good wage,totally different to running a business and trying to grow.

Beat me to it!!!👍

Bloody hell that's cheap!!!

The main point for me is that all those things listed above are really only covering their costs whereas I want them to be making money to grow the business.

Hang on, You said "subbing"in your first post! If your doing your own work its a whole different ball game!

How much would you pay a Subbie with tipper and chipper?

Hang on, You said "subbing"in your first post! If your doing your own work its a whole different ball game!

Yeah subbing while trying to get my own stuff going. I'd still kind of see the "subbing" side as a business though. All those bits of kit still have to pay for their upkeep and also make money. Maybe I'm just being greedy!!!!😄