Pick-up practicality

Billy

Did the deal with Chelford Farm Supplies Cheshire.

Investec Asset Finance, Abingdon Oxfordshire 01235 555577. They buy the chipper and Contract lease it back to you for 5 year lease. It costs me £83.99 plus vat a month, that's £21.00 per week, that's £3.00 a day!

cheers for that, much appreciated:thumbup:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have £1500 to spend and your worried about the "look" you want, Tree work is not a fashion show my friend, Agreed you want to look as professional as possible but many many people on here and threw out the country run ldv or smiley face transits and they work perfectly, IMO, The van is a tool to carry waste, We'd all like nice shiny new vans but in the real world on budgets it doesnt happen for us all, Id spend £1500 on THE best possible tipper i could find mate, If thats an ldv or transit then so be it, I have been recently subbying to a guy who has a van that doesnt tip, Trust me its a nightmare shoveling off!!

Search high and low and get your self a nice (ish) tipper :cool1:

I have both, smiley Tranny and 2 seater l200. I bought the Tranny this year after being sick to death of shovelling off chip. To be honest the l200 hardly gets driven anymore because the tranny is much more comfy and cheaper on fuel. The plus side of the l200 is that it looks nice, has a nice smooth engine compared to the tranny, is way quicker and of course 4x4.

If I had to get rid of one it would be the l200.

i had a hilux which i built cage sides for, chucked branches in the back and minced it all down, if you do this, get a builders bad, cut down the joins, lay a side on the front of the bed, bottem against the rear of the cab and fold the opposite side over the roof, tie rope to the handles, and lay the rope out the back of the bed, chuck all youre branches in the back, mince it all down to get more on

we had a disused bt pole behind the fire heap, used to tie the ropes to the pole, and drive off:) all brush off the back, on the fire heap, no sweat, no hassle :)

As I thought then, nasty, loud slow tipper it is! :P with the boards I am thinking i'll weld some on does anyone know if theres a significant weight saving to be had from using ply rather than welded steel frames and mesh? as i knwo they have no payload anyway.

Did the deal with Chelford Farm Supplies Cheshire.

Investec Asset Finance, Abingdon Oxfordshire 01235 555577. They buy the chipper and Contract lease it back to you for 5 year lease. It costs me £83.99 plus vat a month, that's £21.00 per week, that's £3.00 a day!

Hi, is there any deposit to pay on the initial payment? and who owns the machine at the end of the period, do you have any sort of option to buy back?

Thanks. Jonathan

Hi, is there any deposit to pay on the initial payment? and who owns the machine at the end of the period, do you have any sort of option to buy back?

Thanks. Jonathan

No, it works just like a loan. You pay monthly amount and at the end of the term it's yours. Advantage is it's tax deductable, and the vat if you are registered.