Cheap wee chipper dilemma!!

Big T

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GTM Machines are good so I have heard . The Landscaper local to me has one and its powered by a Mitsubishi branded engine ? Although it doesn't look as well built as the jo beau / greenmech . It has none the less served him well . I have seen him chipping long pieces of Laurel and Conifer at 2.5 " plus which it eats with ease . All the best .

Cheers mate! It's a stop gap machine untill I get enough reddies for a greenmech! The entec is being sold as its only a 4" machine and alot bigger physically so brash has to be dragged to it. It's just the wrong size of machine for me, makes no sence to drag brash to a chipper when you can get a chipper that chips almost the same size material closer to the job! Make sence?!

Cheers mate! It's a stop gap machine untill I get enough reddies for a greenmech! The entec is being sold as its only a 4" machine and alot bigger physically so brash has to be dragged to it. It's just the wrong size of machine for me, makes no sence to drag brash to a chipper when you can get a chipper that chips almost the same size material closer to the job! Make sence?!

Make's total sense matey . Less leg work , lighter machine . The problem is you have to convince the customer to keep the chip . So do what most do...... price the job at x amount and then say if I leave the chip on site or chip in the wheelie bins it will x amount less than the original price . All the best :001_smile:

That's what I was thinking mate! Even if customer dosent want the chip it's still easier to wheel a wheely bin of chip to the truck than lots of brash dragging!

Or fill ten large wheelie bins which I am going to do on Saturday to finish a job off .

:001_smile:

Ste