Posch 360 processor - is there anything better?

arboriculturist

I've just bought a used 350 off Wilson's, so far pretty impressed :thumbup1:

Logs are only a sideline so could not really justify a new machine, also got a splitmaster 30 for the big stuff and billets.

That machine will go on forever - just be sure to grease the bank of 4 grease points where you stand every 4 hours, other points every 8 and pto every 8. In some ways the 350 had the edge on the 360.

Give it 10 mins to warm up with the output conveyor running before use.

A wise purchase for the money.:thumbup1:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i upgraded from a sawbench to a posch 350 4 and a half years ago.. no problems at all with it.. traded it for a new 360 15 month ago cos of increase in firewood sales. much faster and can cut larger wood..also got a log bench to put on it.. all off wilsons. very good service. used to have splitmaster 30 but traded it in when i got cone splitter for digger.. life is grand

I agree the shows will always want straight softwood to process because it shows there machine off well ,would you be impressed with them stuggling with big flares that won t go through or bent and twisted stuff slowing it down.

I think the tajfun has a problem with the oil pipe,maybe thats been modified now also one chap on here reckons to use a chain every 10 to 20 tonnes,maybe I have missunderstood him but thats chucking away a chain a day.

Cheers Chris

I would be impressed if their machine handled it. I am not impressed with straight wood going through machines as basically they can all do that. Awkward twisty stuff has been the reality of processing for me and those I process for bar the odd exceptional load.

Just an observation from a couple of shows but I thought the Posch models were a bit slow. From videos the Tajfun looks way quicker. Sure you would have to sharpen the blades but that's 10-20 mins at the end of the day but if it saved a couple hours who cares.

Mortimer has a Tajfun - I recall he rates its speed and he know a thing or 2 about productivity.:thumbup1:

i upgraded from a sawbench to a posch 350 4 and a half years ago.. no problems at all with it.. traded it for a new 360 15 month ago cos of increase in firewood sales. much faster and can cut larger wood..also got a log bench to put on it.. all off wilsons. very good service. used to have splitmaster 30 but traded it in when i got cone splitter for digger.. life is grand

That all sounds good - I nearly bought a Lasco off Wilsons but found too much inconsistency in size of split roundwood lengths and lots shards produced when processed, but there again we have very fussy customers.

I agree the shows will always want straight softwood to process because it shows there machine off well ,would you be impressed with them stuggling with big flares that won t go through or bent and twisted stuff slowing it down.

I think the tajfun has a problem with the oil pipe,maybe thats been modified now also one chap on here reckons to use a chain every 10 to 20 tonnes,maybe I have missunderstood him but thats chucking away a chain a day.

Cheers Chris

:lol::lol::lol::laugh1::lol:

I have a Pilke 1 x 42, and a .404 chain will stay sharp up too 100 tonnes, and I can sharpen a chain 10 or 20 times in its life.

If he cant keep a chain sharp for 10 to 20 tonnes, he should think about a career change.

:lol::lol::lol::laugh1::lol:

I have a Pilke 1 x 42, and a .404 chain will stay sharp up too 100 tonnes, and I can sharpen a chain 10 or 20 times in its life.

If he cant keep a chain sharp for 10 to 20 tonnes, he should think about a career change.

Thats a lot of timber cut with 1 sharpening! Fair play, some are better than others with a file - makes bar and chain processors look a lot more attractive. Thanks:thumbup1:

Thats a lot of timber cut with 1 sharpening! Fair play, some are better than others with a file - makes bar and chain processors look a lot more attractive. Thanks:thumbup1:

I good mate of mine ran a Duun 420, .404 chain and was achieving the same sort of throughput per chain/chain sharpen.

Harvesters run these very chains.

How many harvesters stop every 10-20 tonnes for a chain change?