Which log splitter would you buy?

JaySmith

This winter I want to step up the amount of logs I do. Thus far all I have used is a saw and maul but want to get a splitter to help make things a bit easier. As logs aren't my main thing I don't want to spend a fortune, probably around £750 tops. I appreciate this isn't the biggest budget in the world but want to test the water before committing more money. It can be electric, petrol or diesel so my question if for that budget what would you get?

This winter I want to step up the amount of logs I do. Thus far all I have used is a saw and maul but want to get a splitter to help make things a bit easier. As logs aren't my main thing I don't want to spend a fortune, probably around £750 tops. I appreciate this isn't the biggest budget in the world but want to test the water before committing more money. It can be electric, petrol or diesel so my question if for that budget what would you get?

Hi jay I'm sure someone will help you mate but more you pay the better the splitter thanks Jon

Hi jay I'm sure someone will help you mate but more you pay the better the splitter thanks Jon

Yeah i know but as I only did around 30 cube last winter I didn't really want to spend a fortune on one at the moment, if I start to do more then maybe I'll upgrade

The Lawnflite LS65 7 tonne vertical petrol splitter is about bang on your budget and is reasonably quick.

Not much it won't split at 12" or less.

Be warned though, while it's fine to shove round the yard it's a pig to move from site to site without a low plant trailer or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

The Lawnflite LS65 7 tonne vertical petrol splitter is about bang on your budget and is reasonably quick.

Not much it won't split at 12" or less.

Be warned though, while it's fine to shove round the yard it's a pig to move from site to site without a low plant trailer or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Is this the one Mick has got too? If so I've seen his and it looked out, there's one on eBay in Rochester that I'm watching so that could be worth a look. I know jonesies sell them so might get a price from them.

I've got to try and get it on the back of the l200 but that's a different thread!