self propelled chipper (Shreks wee chipper)

Stephen Blair

nice one rupe, i used to use my quad for taking the chipper into gardens when i ran a 3.5 toner, and they are great toys to have so if your work can pay for it then nice one. my turning point is when i looked at my huge chip pile that just rots away and gets shoved over banking is worth zilch, at the most a 10 a ton, but you have to get a loader in and sell tons to make it work. or firewood that is worth about 240quid a ton, i think you could almost do tree surgery for free now and still make money on the logs, and if someone did that then why not. its one way to beat the competition. lol i used to produce minimium 2 tones a day of chip. thats 480 quid if it were firewood. even small diameter wood is burnable. and a lot easier to turn into logs or kindling

These little girly chippers are for nothing less than homosexuals!! real men drag brush and enjoy doing it! they enjoy sweaty bulax on a hot day, and chaffed thighs!! poo poo little chiipers indeed...............

Might get myself one.....................:thumbup::laugh1::lol:

ha ha, nice one lee, you wont believe the extra energy you have not dargging stuff, or the lack of rage you dont have though out hte day, like dragging a pile of brash through a gate and the last bit catches said gate and pulls it shut or just makes everything come to a standstill, pulling away the brick that keeps the gate open, no more sweeping up or blowing the rd, path, driveway, chuckies with sawdust oooer!!shifting all the patio furniture and pot plants, ha ha not for me mate:thumbup:

I agree with Andy and SWB - its got to the right machine for the job. :thumbup1:

If you can convince the customer to keep the chip then you are saving money by getting the job done quicker as it reduces the amount of time you waste dragging brash to the chipper but it also reduces the amount of fuel you are using because you are not traveling back to your yard/tip site with a full load of chip/towing a chipper which uses more fuel!