self propelled chipper (Shreks wee chipper)

Stephen Blair

well no pics of the blade changing this week guys, i went to do them yesterday and they were fine, i dont know why scott was struggling the other day, maybe just a couple of awkward bits, i was just paranoid about nails as it had chains and stuff on the trunk. the chipper ran for 4hrs yesterday and i was using it chipping dead elder and holly for 2 hours no bother:thumbup:

Had a demo of the greenmech today, what a brilliant machine!!!!

The cutter opening is about three times as big as i thought it was going to be, handled the brash well allthough some was a bit alkward to get through (snedded Birch). the quality of the chip was good but the leaves were mainly whole and really through the chip out.

SWB. did you know that greenmech are going to produce a shredder casset so that you can swap it with the chipper unit for about £700

All in a good chipper, looking to buy one very soon.

no i did not mate, i chipped a huge pile of ferns and dead braken today, it just came out as a big pile of mulched up stuff, it was great. i have chipped everything with it now, the only stuff it doesnt like is dead sitka. the tiny stuff just came out the same. but i tell my customer it can only make chip out of wood and the other stuff just gets chopped up. but i would be interested in the shredder thing to give it a bash..:001_cool: