Uniforest 85h

Drayton tree care

Just had a look at the video of the mini skyline, it looks a useful set up.

I've seen a similar system before (but a lot smaller and operated mechanically using ropes on the triggers/brakesfrom memory) which I think was by Maxwald.

I'm surprised there's not been more of this sort of set up available sooner.

[ame]

[/ame]

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've seen a similar system before (but a lot smaller and operated mechanically using ropes on the triggers/brakesfrom memory) which I think was by Maxwald.

Couldn't agree more really, and I have been looking down the route of actually using the 13,000kg Winch in the Excavator frame as the Skyline, and using the Radio Remote Tajfun on the end of the dipper for hauling back a suitable carriage.

This unit however looks very well thought out, especially things like the hydraulic clamping of the end stops, plus what looks a great simple system for supporting the rope where required.

I'll certainly be calling to find out a lot more, as I know exactly how I'd set one up if it would be possible.

Eddie.

Couldn't agree more really, and I have been looking down the route of actually using the 13,000kg Winch in the Excavator frame as the Skyline, and using the Radio Remote Tajfun on the end of the dipper for hauling back a suitable carriage.

This unit however looks very well thought out, especially things like the hydraulic clamping of the end stops, plus what looks a great simple system for supporting the rope where required.

I'll certainly be calling to find out a lot more, as I know exactly how I'd set one up if it would be possible.

Damn! I didn't need to see this this morning! Thanks for posting, £?! lol

Have you seen these?

Mobile Tower Yarder MOZ-Tajfun

Yes, but last time I spoke with Kilworth about them, it's still in development/field testing stage I believe.

Possibly available now though, but for me anyway the Uniforest is exactly what I'd always had in mind.

It would be nice to know how much main cable is on the uniforest?

Eddie.

Have you seen these?

Mobile Tower Yarder MOZ-Tajfun

No, but I like it :thumbup1:

You wouldn't want to be on a tonnage rate with that but on a priced environmental sensitive site it'd be fantastic, looks such a simple concept.

I did think it looked slow in the video too, but watching the guys in the video, I'd guess they were mainly Uniforest emloyees rather than actual cutters and given that it's a biggish winch I'd expect it would pull a lot more each snig than they were doing.

I'd guess with the right Spar tree at the top, it woud be possible to work across the bank in a fan fashion so it would just mean repositioning the bottom end a few times before repositioning the top.

I did have to chickle at the "braces" they'd propped up against one of the spars though :laugh1:

Edited by Chris Sheppard

You wouldn't want to be on a tonnage rate with that but on a priced environmental sensitive site it'd be fantastic, looks such a simple concept.

Yes that what my thoughts exactly, it would have many applications, and not 3 days plus a load of hassle to setup.

I'd assume a winch ticket with a specific bit of extra training would be more than adequate for this without looking down FMOC Skyline routes also, as it's never likely to see a commission site?

Eddie.

Yeh, real foresters would have been shouting, fighting and braking things far more than in that video, or maybe I've watched to much ax men.

Think a tie back to another tree would have been more affective than the props.

Yeh, real foresters would have been shouting, fighting and braking things far more than in that video, or maybe I've watched to much ax men.

Think a tie back to another tree would have been more affective than the props.

You can get a good few trees together in seconds now with them big 100mm wide 10 Tonne Ratchet Straps, compared to a Tirfor.

Eddie.