Urgent!

Lee Winger

Its easy to label another human being 'feral scum', but what are you, Dagmar and Ed actually going to do to try and make a difference?

by using terminology such as this its you guys who have followed the path of least resistance, its people like you who have given up and just accepted things for what they have become, not for what they could be.

My reason for banning airguns is simple - as long as there are people who will use them for violence then they should be banned.

What would YOU CALL the kind of people who bet each other £5 they can't Knockout a mentally handicapped boy who thought they were his friend,they then went on to beat him to death,removed his pants and posed for photo?.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My reason for banning airguns is simple - as long as there are people who will use them for violence then they should be banned.

the same could be said for kitchen knives, baseball bats, and any number of everyday items, many people simply use air rifles for target shooting on ranges. I dont beleive it is right to deny innocent people their hobbies, just because a minority of the population are idiots. Toughen up on crims instead, cut of their hands a la middle east, hang them, whatever it takes to act as a deterent.

Kev.

the same could be said for kitchen knives, baseball bats, and any number of everyday items, many people simply use air rifles for target shooting on ranges. I dont beleive it is right to deny innocent people their hobbies, just because a minority of the population are idiots. Toughen up on crims instead, cut of their hands a la middle east, hang them, whatever it takes to act as a deterent.

Kev.

Here,here!

What would YOU CALL the kind of people who bet each other £5 they can't Knockout a mentally handicapped boy who thought they were his friend,they then went on to beat him to death,removed his pants and posed for photo?.

I wouldn't call them 'feral scum' as the tabloids do.

Calling a certain group of people 'feral scum' is not going to solve the problems in UK and US culture.

Capitalism is to blame as it forces people to move around in search of jobs, thereby breaking up communities and de-valuing the importance of knowing and respecting your neighbour. Money becomes the main driving force in culture, when the main driving force should be to respect other people. The Conservatives who advocated unrestricted free market capitalism in the 80s never foresaw the cultural problems their policies would give birth to.

While a huge number of the population grew wealthy many broken communites were left behind. We are now seeing the effects of British short term policies with the culture of anti-social behaviour and a blatant disregard for other people's dignity.

The only way we can move forward and hold back the rising tide of violence is to provide better education to children and instill the basic Christian ethos which Britain has sadly forgotten.

I guarantee your grandmothers and grandfathers were more religious or spiritually minded than you are today. These days we have replaced God with worthless celebrities and a 36 inch plasma screen.

I wouldn't call them 'feral scum' as the tabloids do.

Calling a certain group of people 'feral scum' is not going to solve the problems in UK and US culture.

Capitalism is to blame as it forces people to move around in search of jobs, thereby breaking up communities and de-valuing the importance of knowing and respecting your neighbour. Money becomes the main driving force in culture, when the main driving force should be to respect other people. The Conservatives who advocated unrestricted free market capitalism in the 80s never foresaw the cultural problems their policies would give birth to.

While a huge number of the population grew wealthy many broken communites were left behind. We are now seeing the effects of British short term policies with the culture of anti-social behaviour and a blatant disregard for other people's dignity.

The only way we can move forward and hold back the rising tide of violence is to edjucate people and instill the basic Christian ethos which Britain has sadly forgotten.

I guarantee your grandmothers and grandfathers were more religious or at leat spiritually minded than you are today. These days we have replaced God with worthless celebrities and a 36 inch fcuken plasma screen.

It make me really angry when people like you make excuses for the way "scum" behave, if its all down to society why do so many of use manage to behave in a decent fashion?

There have aways been "scum" since the dawn of time.And if you like your bible go have a look,satan?suppose God had brought in capitalisam? Cain? was Able a tory?I could go on and on.

You can blame the parents or the schools or the government,but we all Know YOU choose how YOU behave no one else.

And for the record I have no time for religion,I do the right thing because I want to and not out of a fear of punishment or hope of heavenly reward.

Religion has been the way smart people controlled stupid people down through time.Science has happily free even the most feeble minded from the trap of religion if they wish to be free.

I live amongst farm land with ridden with rabbits, many of which are suffering with mixo, sad to see them incapacitated thus.

Last summer my dog and I walked within inches of one. It was blind, defenceless, with much of its fur missing. The foxes have a hard time keeping up with the number of rabbits. Speaking of which the fox that hangs about the back garden/fields is wholesome (great coat) looking, unlike one I saw in town recently, mangy looking creature.

My partner killed a rabbit with an air rifle last summer-clean shot through the base of its skull. I skinned,gutted and cooked it, pretty tasty. I chopped its head off with a hatchet- it was a perfect chop! :) (probably should not say that!).

As for banning air rifles? If only it was that simple.