Efco saws

rem284

I bought a 50cc ish Efco a few yeas ago as a stop gap whilst my 346 was being fettled by Spud . It as a little bit " plastcky " but I was surprised at how well it went . I think I even put a thread up about it . about 3 or 4 years ago .

I bought a 50cc ish Efco a few yeas ago as a stop gap whilst my 346 was being fettled by Spud . It as a little bit " plastcky " but I was surprised at how well it went . I think I even put a thread up about it . about 3 or 4 years ago .

Yeah know what you mean about the 'Plasticky' feel, I've got a Makita ea3201 and a Husky 141 which are both plastic, plastic and more plastic although I did have/Stihl got a 'Stihl 011av' but it dropped its reed valve and clattered to a halt ballsing the cylinder/piston in the process so it resides in the cupboard down at work, shame as it was a damn fine saw maybe a future project if I can find a cylinder cheap enough !...:thumbup1:

Aren't Efco, Emak and Oleo Mac all the same firm ? My old Dynamac was made by Emak in Italy and it's been a good saw just a bit on the heavy side for a 40cc machine.

Emak is the parent compamy and oleo, efco and dynamac are the brands depending on the market I think. Oleo for mainland Europe, efco for uk. Dynamac for machine mart?

Oleo and efco are the same saws like husky and jonsered.

The magnesium saws (156/956, 165/965 etc) are really solid.

• 5 years later...