Can someone explain this to me Thanks

mendiplogs

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The politicians will argue that jobs like medics and police should be done by people who WANT to do it rather than mercenaries who do it for the money.

The flip side of the coin is that they pay poor money for such jobs.

Rooney's salary is obscene, but he is only offered that amount because of the massive money Sky etc. make from the billions of lard-arses who are happy to pay a large proportion of their benefits payout on 'footy on the telly'. Would anyone turm down £300k a week because it's too much?

The only answer to improving the Health Service, Education, the roads, security (and anything else the Romans ever did for us) is to raise money through errrrrrrrrrr

taxation!

Every politician craps themselves (especially with an election looming) at suggestion of raising taxes. So all they will ever do is say how the other party's manifesto doesn't add up - while not mentioning their own.

In short - we all need to grow up enough to be willing to pay more tax if we want better services, or stay greedy (ta Mrs Thatcher) and put up with crap public services or be rich enough (Tory enough) to pay for your own.

We need a political party that treats the electorate like adults and not greedy little 'wannabe millionares'. or do we? it's your vote.

The politicians will argue that jobs like medics and police should be done by people who WANT to do it rather than mercenaries who do it for the money.

The flip side of the coin is that they pay poor money for such jobs.

Rooney's salary is obscene, but he is only offered that amount because of the massive money Sky etc. make from the billions of lard-arses who are happy to pay a large proportion of their benefits payout on 'footy on the telly'. Would anyone turm down £300k a week because it's too much?

The only answer to improving the Health Service, Education, the roads, security (and anything else the Romans ever did for us) is to raise money through errrrrrrrrrr

taxation!

Every politician craps themselves (especially with an election looming) at suggestion of raising taxes. So all they will ever do is say how the other party's manifesto doesn't add up - while not mentioning their own.

In short - we all need to grow up enough to be willing to pay more tax if we want better services, or stay greedy (ta Mrs Thatcher) and put up with crap public services or be rich enough (Tory enough) to pay for your own.

We need a political party that treats the electorate like adults and not greedy little 'wannabe millionares'. or do we? it's your vote.

:thumbup: Good post that Shane, I agree with you.

We all understand the ways of the market place. How we price our log and services effects how busy we are and how much money we make. There's no market place in the NHS. It's a state monopoly and that means it's an imperfect system. How much would change if we all paid insurance. The smokers hammered on premiums, the skinny climbers' premiums reduced and the oldies bled dry. Not sure any of us could stomach that but I for one am grateful to the doctor that saw my kid at 3am when he was writhing in pain. I didn't have to think about the effect on my premium or decide to wait until working hours. Whatever the doctor was being paid that night she was worth it.

Hi Jon,

Its not just about the money - did you see the letter that was signed by 100 senior doctors? They've accused the coalition governmnet of 'withering away' the NHS. A lot if doctors are p****d off mate.

HI MATE i can see why there PIS:thumbdown:ED to mate as this doctor to was :lol:thanks jon