Log splitter advice

Mountain man

I'm guessing 40 tonnes.

Cos if it's a working day I'm out.

To honest mm there's no real easy way of processing arb waste in to usable logs it's hardworking which ever way you look at it. Most tree surgeons I know bring it back to the yard in 10 inch rings and then get the lads to split when it's slack.

By the time you payed the machinery and labour there will not be a lot left init

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contact one of your local farmers who burns biomass, many of then have batch boilers that can burn that kind of thing whole, ask £20 a ton or less and they ought to be happy to take it, they will have the kit to load and haul it too.

Contact one of your local farmers who burns biomass, many of then have batch boilers that can burn that kind of thing whole, ask £20 a ton or less and they ought to be happy to take it, they will have the kit to load and haul it too.

I think that's probably worth a punt, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

So I've been thinking about this, and maybe converting it to kindling is a money maker/get rid of it. Plus a good rainy day job.

What would be a good machine to convert it to kindling, I reckon a tractor driven device would be best, I can source a decent HP tractor no bother.

Here's a pic, there's a lot more than this hidden under the brambles, Cedar, spruce, willow, fir,usual stuff.

image.jpg.0b09b69c3e41a8369ecb52c5e976fefb.jpg

Mr Channer sells exactly what you have. His advantage is that he can load it into a tipper from a concrete pad. Job done & sold. There are folk who would happily pay for this, and the transport included, in a sensible price.

I think you have two choices; Using a trailer bed as the dack and load this with whatever you can mechanically then split whith a wuality machine that you can add to.

As above, into a big bulker and sell it as is.

The match option seems just wrong.

codlasher