Pay

erfwerm

If you think you are underpaid.. I'm currently on £5.13 (min wage) bringing in my own equipment to work (PPE, climbing equipment, saws, rigging equipment) I personally funded my courses as my boss refused when i asked could i do them, and i have 10 years climbing experience but 1 year in the arb industry, talk about not being appreciated!! :bash:

Having to do private work on my days off just to pay for bills, so i hardly get to see or have time to care for my girlfriend who is very ill and struggling with anorexia :bawling:

Oh yea looking for a new job in the Merseyside (Wirral/Cheshire) area, have CS30/31/38/39 and a full UK driving licence too with no points :thumbup1:

- Jay

Edited by StirlingArb
text missing

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think you are underpaid.. I'm currently on £5.13 (min wage) bringing in my own equipment to work (PPE, climbing equipment, saws, rigging equipment) I personally funded my courses as my boss refused when i asked could i do them, and i have 10 years climbing experience but 1 year in the arb industry, talk about not being appreciated!! :bash:

Having to do private work on my days off just to pay for bills, so i hardly get to see or have time to care for my girlfriend who is very ill and struggling with anorexia :bawling:

Oh yea looking for a new job in the Merseyside (Wirral/Cheshire) area, have CS30/31/38/39 and a full UK driving licence too with no points :thumbup1:

- Jay

You must be under 20 to be on that low wage. Your boss should be paying for your ppe etc. maybe try not taking your kit to work, sounds like your boss wants to have his cake and eat it! Your still young yet though it will get better with time and experience good luck

You must be under 20 to be on that low wage. Your boss should be paying for your ppe etc. maybe try not taking your kit to work, sounds like your boss wants to have his cake and eat it! Your still young yet though it will get better with time and experience good luck

Yep Im 20, boss seems to think PPE is a set of grippy gloves, glasses and steel toes.. :confused1:

Thing is if I didnt bring my own gear in the jobs wouldnt get done, there is another climber but he brings his in too, im trying to get out because theres just so much wrong with the place, chipper doesnt even have a working emergency stop, and other lads with no tickets an no chainy pants are using saws despite me saying not too! :ohmy: I may be young but I certainly know that its not right like that

:banghead::banghead: Its a "certificat of competence" not a licence :001_rolleyes::banghead::banghead:

Maybe he means the IPAF licence.

"What is the PAL Card

The PAL Card (Powered Access Licence) is recognised worldwide across industries as proof of platform operator training to the highest standard."

im not being funny but i think most guys would agree that climbing in the arb industry for jobs not same as climbing on a rock wall in leisure center so you really have 1year experience.

Who says i said it was rock climbing experience, you'll actually find I was taught from a young age by my uncle whos a royal marine, how to use Drt with prusiks, by the age of 10 I bought my own gear with my own money, im definitely not one of those arb students that mummy and daddy bought a brand new tree motion harness and protos helmet..

everything i own i have personally saved for, and trained on till i know it/set it up/tie it/start it/ without fault

- jay