cracked chipper blades!!!!!!!!!!

Johny Walker

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your knowledge of the quality control of the 2 makes then?

Valid point here, I had a blade fail from the same manufacturer , it burst through the casing of the chipper and launched into a wall. Had anyone been near that side of the chipper at the time they could have been seriously injured. On inspection of the bit left bolted in the machine it became evident that it had fatigued and cracked, you could see the rust in the cracked part and the break in the fresh bit. I contacted them straight away regarding this and they requested I return the blade/fragments for inspection, that was the last time I saw the blade/bits and no one has bothered to contact me since. I put a set of originals in and repaired the case, its been trouble free since. It may well have been something our lads stuffed through there that caused the fail but I feel they should have responded with an answer/metallurgists report.

Bob

Funny the only time I used Saturn knives in my TW they cracked. They were torqued correctly. I have never used them since. This is my opinion on blades.

I remember your post on this matter . Sorry to hear . However I have never had an issue with any of Saturn Knives stock .

Make sure to clean the area where the blades are to sit as this can also cause problems for any blades genuine or other .

When you but a chipper or anything mechanical you are given an owners manual, init usually there is a service schedule etc, with my chipper it explains what to do when changing blades, clean blade pockets, torque bolts, use copper grease, use genuine parts etc. This is put there for a reason, this is the way the manufacturer has designed the machine to be run.

When you but a chipper or anything mechanical you are given an owners manual, init usually there is a service schedule etc, with my chipper it explains what to do when changing blades, clean blade pockets, torque bolts, use copper grease, use genuine parts etc. This is put there for a reason, this is the way the manufacturer has designed the machine to be run.

your piont being ????:001_rolleyes:

I really don't see why you have to take the pee? I'm putting across what I have been led to believe of the manufacturing process that goes into making genuine TW blades.

I,m not taking the pee at all Hodge as I own a TW . Just kinda like Mountain Mans cartoon expression of his own views ? Sorry if I offended you . It was not my intention ........ Hang five ......... lighten up its a debate man up or jog on :lol: