Stolen sheep

J Scott

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the support. Fingers crossed, it has been shared on facebook across the country and he's been receiving lots of calls and leads. It will be an estimated £80,000 loss if they don't get back and hopefully the ewes aren't in too much stress being so close to lambing.

I believe that the figure of 80k has been mentioned as the value, how ironic that the the owner of the sheep's father is general manager of an auction market, and know for a fact after working in auction marts for 20 years, and in the SAME Mart that Mr gregor snr is in charge of that I never saw any of those breed of sheep make 2500 each . What that valuation is and I work for beltex breeders who dispute that valuation but then again auctioneers are the most crooked profession I know.

I believe that the figure of 80k has been mentioned as the value, how ironic that the the owner of the sheep's father is general manager of an auction market, and know for a fact after working in auction marts for 20 years, and in the SAME Mart that Mr gregor snr is in charge of that I never saw any of those breed of sheep make 2500 each . What that valuation is and I work for beltex breeders who dispute that valuation but then again auctioneers are the most crooked profession I know.

Does this add anything to the thread apart from your blatant dislike for auctioneers and probably mr McGregor ? Just send him a PM and tell him you don't like his mate's dad. The sheep were stolen, they want them back and a reasonable request has been made for any clues.

Edited by peatff

These sheep DO make that kind of money, you must have missed the breeding sales GN! I have seen a wee blackfaced ram lamb sell for £90,000, these guys are steering the breeds forward, the sheep they breed are very important to the farming nation in this country.

Not sure why you'd belittle this theft!!

They indeed do at certain sales though I can assure you they would not make that sum through Mr gregors establishment how many sales have you attended in 20 years I'm willing to bet it's not as much as me.

The welfare of the sheep is paramount, and to have moved them in that condition and at that time should be punished and its illegal.

However Mr gregor snr didn't seem to mind when sheep in the same condition arrived at his Mart their was no mention of illegal movement then only of getting the commission on selling them.

Having worked in 6 different auction marts I can tell you that animal welfare comes after the selling commission.

They indeed do at certain sales though I can assure you they would not make that sum through Mr gregors establishment how many sales have you attended in 20 years I'm willing to bet it's not as much as me.

The welfare of the sheep is paramount, and to have moved them in that condition and at that time should be punished and its illegal.

However Mr gregor snr didn't seem to mind when sheep in the same condition arrived at his Mart their was no mention of illegal movement then only of getting the commission on selling them.

Having worked in 6 different auction marts I can tell you that animal welfare comes after the selling commission.

You do talk a load of bollocks mate, but at least you are consistent.