New pickups for 2015/16

Steve Bullman

I can't believe how negative everyone is on this thread, by all accounts all the pick ups are crap unles it's a land cruiser and I ain't ever seen a tipper one over here. I love my landrover 130 crew cab tipper to bits!! Perfect for me and I don't have any complaints. It earns me plenty of money and doesn't cost me that much to run. It tows 3.5 tonne, carry about 5 cube of chip and carets all my gear and looks ace!! I won't put a picture up as it will only wind mountain man up:)

Well said..... Can't remember the last time i saw an amazon? Who the hell owns one!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even know what one is??

It's the big f off landcruser with a massive engine.

A new one is about 60k though, am sure that's what I saw on the net anyway.

Edited by Ian C

The trouble is:

the perfect vehicle does not exist - they all have foibles, you will mostly hear bad stories rather than good ones because unhappy people tend to be louder. The day of the solid, reliable, tough as old boots, ugly square 4x4 are gone; as can be seen engine sizes are getting smaller.

I love my 2007 Ranger Super Cab but think it would be the bees knees with permanent four wheel drive; diff locks, coil suspension; and a 4 litre diesel - but I realise that ain't going to happen and so live with and treat it accordingly.

I think Land Rover missed the boat when Discovery 2 came out - the commercial was a great success but they should have gone one further and made a pick up version, with an option for 130 wheelbase too, and a super cab so you can actually carry some kit in it.

Somebody mentioned an Ibex earlier - always liked them for being different and unusual but you end buying an already expensive Land Rover, giving it to some one else who will then charge you even more money to make it even smaller inside!

This was one of my favourites of recent years - my uncles friends truck in Vancouver Island: a GMC 6.6 litre diesel, can tow 20,000lbs, has air brakes and was like a gentlemans club inside!

The Discovery Ute was built many years ago by a guy in Australia and looked really good. Land Rover should have taken note.

At the end of the day though, all manufacturers are looking to sell volume - they are not interested in the 1% who want a tough as old boots, tow a house down, carry an elephant 4x4; they want to sell "trucks" that are car like to people who are used to driving cars.

P1000007.jpg.feff202432358ab015053e44b1d916f9.jpg

59766c965fcef_DiscoveryUte.jpg.a5992639fd2f9b952b64769ec5b15479.jpg

Well said..... Can't remember the last time i saw an amazon? Who the hell owns one!

I have one they stopped making them in 2009. They last a good 20 years unlike the rest of the crap. They make a new proper landcruiser v8 and yes it's 60k. If you want a tipper you need one of the things just above.