Big Saw on the woodland floor

GTS

The 066 is ok but I feel it's a saw that has no real place. We've got one (company supplied 2013 I belive) it's on a 30in and it just doesn't have that power. I'd rather double cut its less effort. The 066 is great for a climber blocking down though.

If it was me I'd chose an 088 or a 3120. 100cc+ saws are mainly used for felling and logging up so weight isn't really an issue, what's a few pounds extra if it'll give you less trigger time because it cuts faster

I've never used a a husky 390/395 I'd love to but 100cc+ Huskies are rare to come by.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 066 is ok but I feel it's a saw that has no real place. We've got one (company supplied 2013 I belive) it's on a 30in and it just doesn't have that power. I'd rather double cut its less effort. The 066 is great for a climber blocking down though.

If it was me I'd chose an 088 or a 3120. 100cc+ saws are mainly used for felling and logging up so weight isn't really an issue, what's a few pounds extra if it'll give you less trigger time because it cuts faster

I've never used a a husky 390/395 I'd love to but 100cc+ Huskies are rare to come by.

HI CJM GET IT SPUB PORTED IT WILL get a 28" new bar off stihl run it my 660 runs a 25" bar very nice but then it a new saw thanks jon :thumbup:

HI CJM GET IT SPUB PORTED IT WILL get a 28" new bar off stihl run it my 660 runs a 25" bar very nice but then it a new saw thanks jon :thumbup:

It's not my saw mate. The 461 runs a 20in bar if we went down to 25in bar it would be pointless using the 066. Don't get me wrong I like the 66 it works well the bar size is perfect for an 88 though but if went for a smaller bar size the 461/372 could cope well enough. That's my reasoning for been a bit of a pointless saw. Obviously cost comes into play but for usage it's really not needed

Just a quick edit for occasional use its ideal specially if you have the odd big stem to ring up/fell and buying a bigger saw isn't justifiable in that case

Edited by CJM

It's not my saw mate. The 461 runs a 20in bar if we went down to 25in bar it would be pointless using the 066. Don't get me wrong I like the 66 it works well the bar size is perfect for an 88 though but if went for a smaller bar size the 461/372 could cope well enough. That's my reasoning for been a bit of a pointless saw. Obviously cost comes into play but for usage it's really not needed

Hi CJM my 660 is as new last ones they made flys on a 25" bar the 461 good on a 20" I no people with 25 on a 461 so a good 660 will run 30 ok but like you said a 880 is the one on very large timber and I have a as new one for sale thanks it on ARB trader thanks Jon

Hi CJM my 660 is as new last ones they made flys on a 25" bar the 461 good on a 20" I no people with 25 on a 461 so a good 660 will run 30 ok but like you said a 880 is the one on very large timber and I have a as new one for sale thanks it on ARB trader thanks Jon

John thought craig was having your 880

Nice one hotrod with the dolmak, you wont be disapointed. I bought one just before xmas and love it. It is a tad on the heavy side, but when its in the cut ringing up you barely notice. One thing i did was to take the solid bar off and chain, and put an oregon bar and chain on as mine came with a solid nose and multicut chain. It transformed the saw tremendously. Mine lives with a 28" bar on it, pulls it with ease. Welcome to the club.:thumbup:

Edited by harvey b davison
more info.

Nice one hotrod with the dolmak, you wont be disapointed. I bought one just before xmas and love it. It is a tad on the heavy side, but when its in the cut ringing up you barely notice. One thing i did was to take the solid bar off and chain, and put an oregon bar and chain on as mine came with a solid nose and multicut chain. It transformed the saw tremendously. Mine lives with a 28" bar on it, pulls it with ease. Welcome to the club.:thumbup:

Yeah I have read some of your posts about it. I have a 30" Oregon bar and chain for it just waiting for the saw:001_smile: Andrew has been very helpful so decided to go with the dolmar. Won't be used that much so the extra weight is no big deal. Have a big chunk of beech ready and waiting.

P.S saw looks better in red:lol: