Fuel line replacement help!

trimmer44

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I learn something every day Bill. Never knew there was a fuel line installation tool.

Got any pictures?

I have a set of long nose pliers and some forceps - sometimes doing these fuel lines is like being a Gynaecologist when you dive in to the fuel tank to pull the thing through:001_tongue:

I usually find cutting the end on the straight fuel lines at an acute angle so the end is a thin point of rubber gets enough through to pull the end out!

Don't use this method on moulded ones!

I have a set of long nose pliers and some forceps - sometimes doing these fuel lines is like being a Gynaecologist when you dive in to the fuel tank to pull the thing through:001_tongue:

I usually find cutting the end on the straight fuel lines at an acute angle so the end is a thin point of rubber gets enough through to pull the end out!

Don't use this method on moulded ones!

forgot to say cut the fuel line at a angle:blushing:

i will take a pic of the tools i have made very easy

OK FUEL LINE TOOLS (HOMEMADE ) length of stainless wire folded in half then attach a recoil handle job done then to use thread the wire through the fuel line hole in the tank then fish it out the filling hole cut fuel line at a angle thread it though the loop now lube the fuel line and pull very gently back though the tank when the line shows out of the tank fuel line hole grab with pointed pliers and pull job done

PICT1397.jpg.dd5ebea9d7aea8ac792d5572a1d2ea26.jpg

PICT1396.jpg.a3f741be31e1ef80fd57849ec4b8e900.jpg

Excellent Bill.Personally I trained with Spud at the royal college of gynaecologists.This is a great new way.Cheers.

the strimmer mentioned would be very difficult to do with hemostats as the fuel lines are the opposite end of fuel tank to the filler you need to get a good amount of fuel pipe in the tank to be able to get a grip on it my way you pull the pipe thought the tank out though the hole then you can grab from the outside i have done it with hemostats but you run the risk of ripping the fuel pipe hence i made this simple device i am not the first to make this i have seen the idea used on youtube so not shore who invented it

Oh, I see.

I thought you meant you had a sort of special, purpose built,service tool. I wondered why I had never seen one:biggrin:

Never seen that wire trick before, might give it a try.

One trick I use is to cut the hose at an angle like you have said, then feed a bit of appropriate size strimmer cord down through. You can then get a good grip on the hose with pliers to push it through the hole without collapsing or doubling over. A bit of vaseline helps ease the way too!

Oh, I see.

I thought you meant you had a sort of special, purpose built,service tool. I wondered why I had never seen one:biggrin:

Never seen that wire trick before, might give it a try.

One trick I use is to cut the hose at an angle like you have said, then feed a bit of appropriate size strimmer cord down through. You can then get a good grip on the hose with pliers to push it through the hole without collapsing or doubling over. A bit of vaseline helps ease the way too!

Need I say it Barrie......:lol: