Wanted - English Walnut

Rob D

I'm looking for some English Walnut so is anyone out there looking to take one down or has already taken one down? I'm in Lymington at the bottom of Hampshire but I can travel a bit if necessary. The better the tree the farther I'll travel! But really I suppose butts of 2 foot and upwards... depends on where you are.

If it's in a back garden I can bring my milling equipment to plank it or you may already have it planked and are looking for someone to buy it. May have some nails in it but that's not a problem. May have some decay but again not a problem.

Either way I can pay cash but how much depends on the tree itself, where it is etc. etc. If you can get pictures and an idea of scale even better and I can always be e-mailed these direct [email protected].

Also am always looking for labernum and yew....

If you're within an hours travel then also oak, beech, ash, willow and cedar but I must admit I don't pay much for this only firewood type prices i.e. £20 a tonne and then only that if it comes in a 13 tonne load that I can get lifted back to yard. Take down plenty of this myself really...

I'm looking for some English Walnut so is anyone out there looking to take one down or has already taken one down? I'm in Lymington at the bottom of Hampshire but I can travel a bit if necessary. The better the tree the farther I'll travel! But really I suppose butts of 2 foot and upwards... depends on where you are.

If it's in a back garden I can bring my milling equipment to plank it or you may already have it planked and are looking for someone to buy it. May have some nails in it but that's not a problem. May have some decay but again not a problem.

Either way I can pay cash but how much depends on the tree itself, where it is etc. etc. If you can get pictures and an idea of scale even better and I can always be e-mailed these direct [email protected].

Also am always looking for labernum and yew....

If you're within an hours travel then also oak, beech, ash, willow and cedar but I must admit I don't pay much for this only firewood type prices i.e. £20 a tonne and then only that if it comes in a 13 tonne load that I can get lifted back to yard. Take down plenty of this myself really...

You really need a bandsaw to mill wood such as yew.:001_smile: The alaskan is too wasteful IMO. Same if milling inch boards.:001_smile:

I tend to get the higher value timber sawn at a static timber mill unless it's too large to get out of a back garden.

But for larger pieces difficult to access I'd rather just waste the extra kerf. If you're milling to 2" thickness you don't waste that much. I don't deal with woo thinner than 1" as it's too much of a pain to dry.

I tend to get the higher value timber sawn at a static timber mill unless it's too large to get out of a back garden.

But for larger pieces difficult to access I'd rather just waste the extra kerf. If you're milling to 2" thickness you don't waste that much. I don't deal with woo thinner than 1" as it's too much of a pain to dry.

WALNUT !!! thats like finding rocking horse phoo :ohmy:

Yeah, fair play, that was exactly the way i worked it before i got my bandsaw.:001_smile:

I might have a bit of rocking horse poo, but it could be a little far for you to travel Rob, its upto you.

I think there is about 3 tons of it, been cut in logs over a year now, perhaps not as big or good quality as you are after but if you want, PM me. Its in HU16 if you want to check mileage.

Cheers, Pete.

Winchester is plenty close enough and if you can get a pic and more details on the access, how tidy I need to leave the site then I can give you an idea of how much I can give you for it (you may then be able to quote a little cheaper and have more chance of getting the job).

Look forward to the pic and if you could have someone standing next to it to give an idea of scale.

access in easy its in a col de sac, its just a steep hill to drive back out of.

just noticed what dimensions you were asking for, i dont think its that big.

ill post pic then you can see for yourself

its dead does that matter?