Chipper speed.

tommer9

How much do those of you running 6-7" sort of range chippers reckon that you can chip in an hour? I only ask as i have had my old Vermeer for years now, and not really ever compared it to others. I did an hours solid chipping of Macrocarpa today, and filled my chipbox to overflowing, which is just shy of 3.5 cubic metres. Is that good , average or slow i want to know.:001_smile:

If everything is all stacked handy by and ready to go through, my 8" greenmech will do 3.5 cube in around 30 mins. I have never actualy timed it, but we were taking down a big lawsons hedge last week and took 20 cube of it so I reckon I'll not be far off.:001_smile:

depends on the drag to the chiper but when taking down a mac recently beside the truck we filled the transit lwb tipper to its limmits i about 45 mins using a timberwolf tw190,

now my question to all of you - i looked at the spec for my timber wolf 190 and the spec says its mounted on a fast tow trailer -Q would you class 50 mph or 80 mph a fast tow lol