Dolmar

luap

And all us Blue Saw owners can now breathe easy.

Thanks Shavey dude. Very informative.

P.s I'd rather have Dolmar stuff but it just seems to work out cheaper to buy Makita.

the trouble with makita the prices are never on a level playing field prices are all over the place when you have all the big tool firms selling them alongside all the makita power tools

i will stick with the step child of makita's that wont be turned into a bathroom colour :lol::lol::thumbup::thumbup:

the trouble with makita the prices are never on a level playing field prices are all over the place when you have all the big tool firms selling them alongside all the makita power tools

i will stick with the step child of makita's that wont be turned into a bathroom colour :lol::lol::thumbup::thumbup:

Lol. Great answer. :laugh1:

Perversely I like my blue saws, but I do have a niggling love for ORIGINALITY Dolmar offers.

You're right though, prices vary wildly for Makita stuff. My first Makita saw was bought because the salesman gave me a ridiculous discount vs a slightly rubbish one on a lesser Stihl model.

Never looked back, love the saws and will probably buy a Dolmar in due course just to scratch the itch.

If you have a price list, forward it to me and I'll try to justify another saw I don't need lol.:thumbup:

Hey Shavey, I'd also be interested in Dolmar prices etc if you could pm me please.

Ive been doing some research and Dolmar are the rednecks favourite chainsaw apparently. Do you do customisations? I'd rather like to have a cb radio on mine with a 15' twig (aerial) and some suitable authentic stickers like "Hey cousin, you sure look pretty today" Also do you have the redneck safety wear, flip flops, shorts, torn T shirt for sale. I know it's a lot to ask but do you do lessons in starting the chainsaw, you know the hold the starter handle and throw the saw at your bare legs?

cheers :biggrin:

Dolmar are utter rubbish, Sawtroll will be along in a mo to confirm this.

Subtle differences but then US and Euro Dols have wee differences too.

Shavey is more up to date than me.

I could if you wanted me to, but it wouldn't be true :biggrin:, and I never actually stated that - just that some models are heavy and clumcy for their size (cc).

Like others, I don't believe there are any quality differenses between the Dolmars and the Makitas, as long as they are the same basic models.

Exact features and options will of course vary between the brands and/or markets though.

just noticed this thread and I wondered if the Dolmar saw is any cheaper than Makita ?

Makita have an offer on at the moment for a 50cc chainsaw in a steel carry case, wondered if Dolmar do the same set up?

can't see a lot about Dolmar in the UK but if it's the same saw but cheaper Im thinking of getting one.

You need to talk to two of the members on here who deal in new Dolmars which are imported , I think Makita s are good but I m lead to believe Dolmars are better .I got two Makita s a DCS 500 and a DCS 9010 both seem good saws had the DCS 500 for over 4 years now.

You need to talk to two of the members on here who deal in new Dolmars which are imported , I think Makita s are good but I m lead to believe Dolmars are better .I got two Makita s a DCS 500 and a DCS 9010 both seem good saws had the DCS 500 for over 4 years now.

i have never tried the DCS500 or the ps500 they call that model the farmers favourite .what do they cut like and are they well balanced :thumbup::thumbup: