The future is echo, cho, oh, o.

Daythe trees

A decent dealer would take an exhaust off a new machine on the shelf and have you sorted immediately... poor show fobbing you off

well i have read about 3 cases of the 360TES exhaust getting a rattle and it's the round lozenge shaped baffle that comes loose as it's an interference fit. I simply waited 1 week for mine to turn up at the dealers and when it didn't they removed a new exhaust from a stock machine and fitted it to my saw, so far so good. I have noticed it seems to take Echo quite a long time to send spares as i have had to order a few small bits, This is the only negative to the 360Tes that i can see but if it became a big enuf PITA for me i would buy a Stihl or Husky top handled saw as their parts supply is better.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cs420 es has been joined by a cs280 tes on an 8" and a hcr 185 es hedge trimmer. 280 seems heavier than the 150/192 I bought it to compete with but works as expected with no nonsense. It could also be used to knock wedges in with if you forget the hammer.

It has one design fault the the strop loop is plastic and part of the saw "furniture" given friction wears these down I like to change them every now and again. Perhaps this may now be a costly maintenance habit.

I have the earlier 260tes with the same strop attachment point and in 2 years I've had no problems. Bearing in mind it was my only top handle for the first 2 years it has seen an awful lot of work. The loop is showing no signs of wear and is seriously strong, has taken several large drops and been dragged through a lot of conifers without any issues so don't be fooled by it and I certainly wouldn't worry about it