knew i should have bought a dolmar

Logrover

Just unfortunate i suppose, i ve moved on from annoyed to fixing now so all good, il get the casing and rebuild although you have saw preferences and the 372 seems harsh compared to my dolmar. I am converted i think!

So the casings are the same on the normal and xtorq, i assume the xtorq is engine related fuel saving etc, well thats what i ve read!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just unfortunate i suppose, i ve moved on from annoyed to fixing now so all good, il get the casing and rebuild although you have saw preferences and the 372 seems harsh compared to my dolmar. I am converted i think!

So the casings are the same on the normal and xtorq, i assume the xtorq is engine related fuel saving etc, well thats what i ve read!

Rich, my 576xpg will be up for sale soon... ;)

A summary of the differences between the two are cylinder and piston, carb boot, carb, filter elbow and top cover, husky is almost as lazy as Stihl when it comes to 'improved designs' with their flippy caps.

Dont forget the choke pull Eddy, and the boot clip.

Choke pull is in the same place (assuming you mean the little blue control), as for the clip, that should be sold with the boot! You should take a leaf out of Stihl's book and sell assemblies as complete units, not crankcase assemblies with ONE oil seal! :(

The choke pull is shorter, and no the clip does not come with the boot, perhaps Stihl have to supply assemblys because they are so unreliable??

Hadn't noticed it was shorter tbh!

As for the reliability, the assemblies I order are for saws much older than me, the oldest being 46 this year! Stihl recall the new ones before the warranty runs out and give you an even newer one :lol:

Husky does assemblies too, they just don't contain the parts you expect, giving you random useless ones instead, such as a spring guide for the front hand guard.