Redwood/Jensen Continues!

WeFixIt

Mine is number 39 out of the factory & I've had no end of problems

Top roller drive snapped

Bottom roller drive snapped

Top roller blocked within 10min of chipping happens about 20 times a day

Fuses kept blowing

Axel bent due to wrong size wheels

I could keep going but I've wasted to much of my life on a Forst!

Was told by Forst to run on half speed to stop it blocking up!

It's been back to them twice & it still blocks up! Would talk to them about it but they never get back to me.

I will NEVER spend another penny with redwood!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really hoping its was just teething problems but I've had over a year now. I have spoken to about 20 owners & I would say 30% have had a trouble free time & love it but the other 80% have had a major issue at some point but about 60% of them have not had any problems after that. Every time I phone redwood and ask to talk to the service dept all I get back sorry they are busy/on the phone etc & they will call me back after a couple of days I have to call back. This is not the service I was expecting from redwood.

When the chipper is working & not blocking up its great but when you spend more time unblocking it than chipping it gets a bit frustrating!

Sounds like your having a rough time Eddie, had a couple of teathing problems last year but Redwoods service was bang on.

When you say blocking up do you mean the discharge spout blocking with chip? Nothing has snapped,fallen off etc am really happy to be honest.

Edited by Ian C

No it's the top roller blocking up so it stays up & stops it grabbing the timber I know on other machines this happens but you stick a big bit in & it clears but not in this case it just stays open did have some pictures will upload when I get home.

The thing that get me is when the top roller drive snapped they came out & fixed it they said yes we know this is a problem we have changed it so it will not happen again. Then 8 months later the bottom one went so my point is as they new it was a problem why did they not change the bottom one at the same time? Oh no that would have been common sense. Lets cost our customer another day.

So by reading all this thread it would seem that Redwood are no longer dealing directly with Jensen, which is a real shame as I like Redwood and the guys there a lot and Jensen is a good product, as has been said previously it's hardly surprising though if there're pushing their own Forst over the Jensen, if I were Jensen I'd not be happy with that. From what I hear and read there are some problems with Forst machines, I hope they take these as constructive criticism and iron them out and not as cheap digs, also from what I've seen on the machines there are some very good points to them, but there are corners cut to save money without thinking owners point of view - meaning less down time. Like I said I like Redwood a lot and have found them great to deal with and I reckon with some tweaking the Forst is a great machine waiting to get out. Let's hope they get it sorted. Let's also not forget it's only been about for a very short amount of time, some have been about for donkey's and still can't get it right!!

Didn't know there was a top roller upgrade, on my machine as part of routine checks always check/clear any rubbish that builds up round top roller/ bearing area. if left to build up machine doesn't grip stuff! If kept clean no problems. Did get free drive upgrade for better track speed about two months after I got machine even though speed was fine to me.

Ian yes it's been done on its first visit back to them.It is now worse.

Yes you are correct the chipper is a good machine & I new the risk of there being a few problems with it as being a new machine/design but they have know my problems for the last year & it's still not sorted. I am don't want to sound like I am having a dig at redwood/Forst but there becomes a time when you spend more time fixing/sending back/ phoning them than you do chipping. Should stuck with my 15 year old pto quickchip lol

Didn't know there was a top roller upgrade, on my machine as part of routine checks always check/clear any rubbish that builds up round top roller/ bearing area. if left to build up machine doesn't grip stuff! If kept clean no problems. Did get free drive upgrade for better track speed about two months after I got machine even though speed was fine to me.

Yes I keep it clear (every 20 min or so) once it's clear its fine (for 20 min)