Newby needs training advice

Ron Burgundy

This thread has taken an interesting turn already!

Unfortunately lads I am not a stripper, pole dancer or similar. More likely to get paid to put my clothes back on unfortunately. Not a pro footballer either coz I fayled the IQ tesd. That and I am rubbish.

Looks like I will be looking up 10 week course at Merrist wood tomorrow then. Sounds ideal. Could look for a longer, part-time course to take it further after that.

Not found what I need at Merrist Wood yet, but Otley college has something interesting.

10 Week Tree Surgery

Code: OHOT9B01S

Level: 2, Type: Full Time

Aim of course

As part of the course you will receive training and assessment towards a Level 2 Craftsman Certificate, 4 NPTC CS units, and a St Johns basic first aid certificate. Giving you the fundamental qualifications required to start a career in tree surgery.

What will the course involve?

The course will cover a mixture of practical and theory our aim is to give students a realistic working environment wherever possible. Sessions will be taught on campus and at various off-site locations.

What can I do afterwards?

You will be prepared for working in the arboriculture industry or able to continue on to other arboriculture courses. Future career development will form part of your course.

What do I need?

There are not formal entry requirements but some industry experience is beneficial, but not essential. You must have the ability to work at height.

Equipment Needed

You will need to bring your own chainsaw protective boots. College can provide other personal protective equipment although we recommend purchasing your own.

Bit of a trek to Suffolk though!

they used to do a similar course at Capel Manor College, Enfield, North Lon. might be easier to get to for you.

Rich.

Not found what I need at Merrist Wood yet, but Otley college has something interesting.

10 Week Tree Surgery

Code: OHOT9B01S

Level: 2, Type: Full Time

Aim of course

As part of the course you will receive training and assessment towards a Level 2 Craftsman Certificate, 4 NPTC CS units, and a St Johns basic first aid certificate. Giving you the fundamental qualifications required to start a career in tree surgery.

What will the course involve?

The course will cover a mixture of practical and theory our aim is to give students a realistic working environment wherever possible. Sessions will be taught on campus and at various off-site locations.

What can I do afterwards?

You will be prepared for working in the arboriculture industry or able to continue on to other arboriculture courses. Future career development will form part of your course.

What do I need?

There are not formal entry requirements but some industry experience is beneficial, but not essential. You must have the ability to work at height.

Equipment Needed

You will need to bring your own chainsaw protective boots. College can provide other personal protective equipment although we recommend purchasing your own.

Bit of a trek to Suffolk though!