Moving to the UK, what's the certs to get working...

swingdude

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Swing dude ....as you already have plenty of experience , and hopefully work in a professional manner you may find you can save a lot of money by not doing the training but going straight for the assessments ( I am pretty sure this is permitted ) in the categories you require , you may need to do some research first , reading up on what each CS unit involves , speaking to people who have recently done theirs , little things like the way you start your saw , use of chainbrake etc .... good luck and the money you could save you can spend on thermals and goretex waterproofs !!!

Now I am so chuffed with all your help...I will now have to use arbtalk way more....I mostly used Treebuzz and FB forums...have a lot of contacts in the UK now thankfully...Richard I will send ya a messenger chat this week...I have a friend sending me the CS material as we speak...so I have something to read...again thanks for all of your help taking time out to let me know the requirements....I appreciate it so much....

One mans mountain is another mans molehill. A resourceful guy like you paul, shouldnt be a problem. Nobody likes paying for stuff, but once its done its done.

I think its a great thing to do....you'll have a ball. Taking nothing away from Barbados and Canada....but theres gonna be a lot of cool stuff, places, history and experience to explore right there.....be it a car, ferry or short plane ride away. And not to mention, you have the whole of Europe right there on your doorstep...be that for work or pleasure. I sure Rich and some of the other travelling arborists could line you up some work abroad if that was something youd be interested in also. You just have to go out and make the most of it....the new chapter in your lives. And you know youre wife is gonna be made up getting back to her homeland. Such a big move is never plain sailing, obviously....but theres a lot worse places to live and experience, be that for a couple years or indefinitely :thumbup1:

Thanks Reg for your positive outlook that is how the wife and I feel. This country Barbados is so stagnant right now I know it's all for the best. Was getting harder and harder to travel. Canada was thought of as I am Canadian but I have no real family there as I was adopted and moved here as a lad. The UK holds so much as you say, and the people are great folk. The place is massive with lots to see and do. I am looking for the fresh start. Nothing is easy when it comes to relocation, but with some patience and willingness I am sure things will fall in place and my family will adjust and settle in.

Now I am so chuffed with all your help...I will now have to use arbtalk way more....I mostly used Treebuzz and FB forums...have a lot of contacts in the UK now thankfully...Richard I will send ya a messenger chat this week...I have a friend sending me the CS material as we speak...so I have something to read...again thanks for all of your help taking time out to let me know the requirements....I appreciate it so much....

No worries dude. Message away ;)