12 x 6 Tipping Trailer

Jonesey

Am just bout to push the button on an Ifor 12'x6' tipping trailer to replace the 8'x5' non tipping trailer i have been running since setting up my business.

The reason i am on here and hesitating somewhat is the size of the bloody thing! After going to see it, it seems massive to me and I am just a little bit worried it might be too big to manoeuvre easily for the domestic work we do.

Anyone else run a trailer of this size and if so what are your thoughts? i am towing on an L200 so I can't make the most of the capacity but I will probably trade up to a Landy if things go well so I can stuff it to the brim!

Cheers

Am just bout to push the button on an Ifor 12'x6' tipping trailer to replace the 8'x5' non tipping trailer i have been running since setting up my business.

The reason i am on here and hesitating somewhat is the size of the bloody thing! After going to see it, it seems massive to me and I am just a little bit worried it might be too big to manoeuvre easily for the domestic work we do.

Anyone else run a trailer of this size and if so what are your thoughts? i am towing on an L200 so I can't make the most of the capacity but I will probably trade up to a Landy if things go well so I can stuff it to the brim!

Cheers

Personally an 8x5 would be about the limit for what I could get in to about 90% of the driveways I deliver to. But then most of my deliveries are little villages with bad access

I have a 10x5 tipper for that reason, the 12x6 is just too big to get in to a lot of driveways for uplifts and log deliveries. The other thing is that with the high sides on you can fill a 10x5 to the brim with logs or timber and still be legal weight wise, you can't do that with the 12x6.....

The 10x5 holds 5 cube BTW.

I've got a 12x6 and wouldn't swap for smaller - I have never really thought 'I wish this trailer couldn't carry quite so much'. It'll go pretty much anywhere a van will go, and you can strip the sides off and carry a car/van/Land Rover if needs be.

It's a heavy old thing when loaded to the top with logs or chip though (pushing 8 cube - you know it's on the back whatever you pull it with and possibly not legally allowed on the road in that state).

I have a 10x5 tipper for that reason, the 12x6 is just too big to get in to a lot of driveways for uplifts and log deliveries. The other thing is that with the high sides on you can fill a 10x5 to the brim with logs or timber and still be legal weight wise, you can't do that with the 12x6.....

The 10x5 holds 5 cube BTW.

Pretty much sums up why I have hesitated!

Thanks for the advice!!

I've got a 12x6 and wouldn't swap for smaller - I have never really thought 'I wish this trailer couldn't carry quite so much'. It'll go pretty much anywhere a van will go, and you can strip the sides off and carry a car/van/Land Rover if needs be.

It's a heavy old thing when loaded to the top with logs or chip though (pushing 8 cube - you know it's on the back whatever you pull it with and possibly not legally allowed on the road in that state).

Thanks monkey business, do you find that you struggle to get it onto drives or turn it round easily?

I am gonna keep the 8x5 for my log splitter and just in case scenarios.

Cheers

Hi i'm having the same dilemma as i currently run an Ifor 10' x 5'6'' (non tipper) and want a tipper trailer but i tink the next size up is what you are referring to and it's actually 12' x 6'6'' in size as i don't tink Ifor does or did a 12'x6' tipper. I reckon i'll buy the 10'x5'6'' tipper as i find it a good size for narrow'ish gateways and toight Devon lanes. A Nugent tipping trailer would be another option as they do a tipper that is 12'x6' so a bit longer and slightly wider.

i have a ifor 12x6 non tipper mesh sides and rear ramp, kind of regret getting so big... usefull for carring long lenghts of timber etc, but just for carring the mowers or the odd thing that wont fit in the pickup its just too big where as a 10ft would be ideal. reversing it onto a drive can be almost impossible as its quite a long rig and takes a far bit of space to turn around. You can certainly feel the weight behind you even empty. I would rent one for a week and see how you get on with either a 10 ft or 12ft. If its just for chip/ logs 10ft is ideal, 12ft u'll be overloaded quickly.

Good example today, went to bristol to pick up a good load of floorboards, could have taken the 12ifor but would have been a nightmare on the small streets of bristol city center, so chose to wing it and carry them in the back of the navara - pig of a thing to drive 100miles with 800kg of floorboards in the tub! If i still had my 10 ft i would have taken that no question and life would have been just that bit easier today...