my ivy nightmare

justin131

I like it. job done in 10mins home time:thumbup:

the amount of times of fecked around with throw lines and thought why didnt i just stick a ladder up , pictures are alaways hard to tell buit if its a relativly straight fell , then a decent size digger woont have any problems puilling it even if the ropes only half way up ,(having said that im not there so it may all look different up close ) dont over complicate it ! :001_smile:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry couldn't see lean in photo. But with well placed wedges, very accurate gob and backcut plus digger to aid and influence movement in the right direction as long as not severely unbalanced in wrong direction should go. Never been a fan of connecting anything other than a winch to pull. Predicting a fell is relatively straightforward. Predicting a bounce or roll less so.

A good healthy blow of wind behind the tree with that much ivy would be a benefit. Failing that looks like a job for the line launcher

Sorry couldn't see lean in photo. But with well placed wedges, very accurate gob and backcut plus digger to aid and influence movement in the right direction as long as not severely unbalanced in wrong direction should go. Never been a fan of connecting anything other than a winch to pull. Predicting a fell is relatively straightforward. Predicting a bounce or roll less so.

A good healthy blow of wind behind the tree with that much ivy would be a benefit. Failing that looks like a job for the line launcher

sounds like a good shout. i'll have to reassess the situation when I get there. not sure if the digger can reach half way up the tree

Dont have digger trying to reach high up tree ,it will be unbalanced and trying to track underneath itself. Its acting as an aid to gravity a bit like the wedges restoring the tree to a more upright position. Accurate cutting is the key. And once you've got movement keep it going. Dont stop or reposition keep pressure on till she's freefalling or hinge will snap