How old / average age

Edsoul

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 32 been climbing since I was 17. Been work hard play hard. Had 1 major fall from 45ft about 10yrs ago.

Climb 5-6 days a week. I feel it in the mornings lower back and knees at mo. Think I need to get on the cod liver oil.

Love my job hoping to cut down my climbing days and do some quoting over the next 10yrs and then branch into the consultancy side of things.

(Answering Joe Newton)

You seem like a straight guy Joe but only a twenty something year old would say that!

I'm 50 something and can tell you that in reality the climbing side of things is manageable, it's the rest of it, ringing up, shifting logs, even raking up in the afternoon which will finish you, if you can stay clear of serious injury/wear and tear, sure one can climb quite late into life, but, don't lift heavy stuff, leave it to the twenty six year olds!

42 and climb most weeks. aches and pains as everyone else.

go for it, its only a number.

to be honest, sometimes I think it can be harder on the ground. i.e big take down with crap access, logs on shoulder, down steps, round corner, then throw on truck, and again, and again....

good luck